• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Barry Island Pleasure Park

There's no way in hell that you'd get me on that thing.

Looks cool though.

Yeah. I don't think I'd choose to do it either. Much prefer coasters to flats.
I am not much of a flat ride fan but I'd certainly give this a whirl, the larger the diameter of the path of the vehicle, the better for me, as it feels less spinny ... Spinning quickly in a tight circle, on a Break Dance or Magic isn't my thing, but something like this really does appeal.

I don't recall the name, but there was a Booster type ride at Winter Wonderland in 2019/20 that produced a sensation not unlike a coaster train on something like a B&M hyper. If you imagine the 'top half' of the ride path as an airtime hill and the 'bottom half' like the valley between hills, it was (sort of) similar.

Is that madness, it's been a long day ...

Blizzard, the booster at WW, was rubbish and running slower than a normal Booster

Yep it's absolutely huge, it's the UK's tallest thrill ride now if I'm not mistaken because they paid for it to be a little taller than a normal speed 32 so it's 214 feet whereas the big one is 213 feet.

So it'll be the tallest until hopefully one day project exodus gets built which will be 236 feet.

Very harsh. I thought Airborne was crazy fun.
I enjoyed Airborne but I wish I span both ways. It’s not very exciting travelling backwards on the ride and having absolutely no wind rushing in your face at all!

Terrified theme park visitors spent around half an hour suspended in the air when a new £3million ride lost power.
The ride Aerospace, which was installed at Barry Island Pleasure Park in Barry, Wales in July, stopped working at around 6pm yesterday.
Lifting thrill-seekers to heights of 214ft, it's the amusement park's biggest and most expensive ride, reports Wales Online.
Speaking about the "trip" mechanism protecting the power transformer, the park's owner Henry Danter said: "We had a new transformer in and there was a trip on it.

The Aerospace ride was installed in July and cost cost £3million

I don't think the trip was set high enough.
"Maybe all the rides went on at the same time and it wasn't set high enough for the new rides that had come in. We've got a bigger trip going in next Wednesday or Thursday."

One person who was in the amusement park at the time said the people on the ride were "petrified".
Mr Danter said: "People get petrified on these rides anyway — that's the kind of rides they are.
"They are white-knuckle rides. Some people said afterwards, 'Oh that was a long ride.' A lot of people saw the humour in it."
He added that only four people were on the ride and that it was stuck for no more than half an hour.

Other rides also stopped as all the power went off on-site.
Mr Danter said: "We did put a generator on straight away to get people off."
He added that engineers gave the go-ahead to "put the trip back in" and that "it was all over" by 6.45pm.

Asked if the affected customers got a refund, he said: "I think what was said was, 'Come back any time you want to, get a free ride or a wrist band.'

"Exactly what was said I'm not sure, but we will look after them.
"These things happen. It's unfortunate but we go forward. There's no question about safety, it's just the trip came out. It was all done safely. Safety is paramount."
Aerospace, which was created at the KMG Ride factory in the Netherlands, can seat up to 32 people and takes riders at speeds of up to 75mph.

Just thought of posting this here. Shows a really great interview with Henry Danter. Really shows you how passionate he is, and no, the Title isn't lying!

Credit goes to the Dudgies YouTube Channel.

JW himself actually replied in the comments about it. Now, of only they could bring back Uncle Frankenstein's Scream Machine as well, I would have loved to have ridden that.

JW himself actually replied in the comments about it. Now, of only they could bring back Uncle Frankenstein's Scream Machine as well, I would have loved to have ridden that.
Yes he did. You know how much it means to him when he replies in the comments!! So, we've potentially got 2 Wardley Classics returning next year, this 100%, and maybe the HH too. If you look at the guys channel, his latest videos show the ride being constructed, even some behind the scenes stuff!