• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Beastie removed

Ah, right.

I'm afraid I will never be able to shed a tear over a Pinfari. Glad to see it go, frankly. At least this means that now all Alton's coasters are unique (unless you count Oblivion and G5). That's quite a rare thing. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of any UK park that does not have a single "off the peg" coaster.
*waits for the inevitable correction*

DiogoJ42 said:
Ah, right.

I'm afraid I will never be able to shed a tear over a Pinfari. Glad to see it go, frankly. At least this means that now all Alton's coasters are unique (unless you count Oblivion and G5). That's quite a rare thing. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of any UK park that does not have a single "off the peg" coaster.

Heide Park's Desert Race ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
Ah, right.

Drayton Manor?

Anyway good to see it go, it had no place in 2013. I'd love to see a whole new area retheme. Maybe a big IP? Moshi Monsters anyone?

Drayton has the Ben 10 Vekoma Boomerang, sorry. :p

Can't wait to see what kiddie coaster will eventually replace Beastie. Their size usually makes them easier to theme, so we may end up with a lovely and immersive starter coaster for young children who aren't ready for RMT, Spinball and Th13teen.

As to what that would be, I'd say a Vekoma or Gerstlauer Junior coaster of some kind. As much as I like the look of the Mack Youngstar, I think that's too much for youngsters as I've heard they offer a similar level of thrill to the outdoor section on Th13teen.

Also, no Moshi Monsters. Ever. ;)

Thomas said:
I give in! ;) Alton is the only place in the UK with no off the shelf designs!

Stricly speaking that may be the case, but I don't really consider Rita or Spinball orginal either.

Well, there goes the dream of it opening again.

Get a Gerst kid coaster in. They better send a crack squad down to Drayton in the night and steal Troublesome Trucks.

Glad to see the back of this load of crapola!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Thomas said:

Stricly speaking that may be the case, but I don't really consider Rita or Spinball orginal either.

Spinball is a custom design, so fairly different to all other spinning coasters, and Rita was the first before it was cloned for Desert Race?

Wilsy said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Thomas said:

Spinball is a custom design, so fairly different to all other spinning coasters, and Rita was the first before it was cloned for Desert Race?

Fair enough.

But if Nemesis and Oblivion were considered the Corkscrew and the Black Hole of the modern day, then Rita and Spinball are the modern equivalents of The Mouse and The Beast (that is they are cheap and will be the first coasters out the door).

:)

And there goes the Beastie, ah well, t'was nice knowing it.

I do wonder though with Beastie gone and with Spinball's sponsorship about to expire (assuming that it'll be SBNO or even removed) will we see Adventure land get a re-theme soon?

Will we see Spinball SBNO? I very much doubt it this season, perhaps in 10 years time but I don't see it going this decade.

Thomas said:
Will we see Spinball SBNO? I very much doubt it this season, perhaps in 10 years time but I don't see it going this decade.
10 years really, I can only see it lasting 5 years tops