• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Beastie removed

I dont know if this has appeared elsewhere on the forum, but I have just heard the Beastie left the building yesterday.

Ash

Is this in preparation for the 2014 development? This may point towards an Adventure Land retheme (possibly to be incorporated with Storybook Land's space too?) with hopefully a nice new kiddie coaster.

Also, has it been sold or scrapped? Also, do you have a source?

:)

I have no offical source, its somehow found its way into the conversation on a TP forum over the other side of the Watford Gap lol.

Since I haven't seen it on here I thought I'd share in the hope of getting some form of confirmation.

Ash

It was transported away to the great Coaster Yard in the sky...

I saw a pic of said ride being driven away last night, this is very, very 100% true...

Found this on Twitter, so unsure of who took the photo (sorry!) and the date it was taken (could've been yesterday).

besesuqceaenk.jpg

Certainly took their time time removing it. Wouldn't mind a piece if they are scrapping it. *hint hint*;)

Closed ride in being removed shocker. Thorpe Park forum gets the information before Alton Towers forum does shocker.

Day of shocks :eek:

I love how the whole coaster, including the train, fits on one lorry! :p

Hopefully it means that they have also taken down the horrible looking blue corrugated metal fence!

Quite sad to see it actually leave, was hoping it would be refurbished for the 2014 season. Here's hoping a new kiddie coaster is on the cards pretty soon.

Rob said:
Hopefully it means that they have also taken down the horrible looking blue corrugated metal fence!

Wouldn't it look a bit messy behind the blue fence? With the ride removed there will just be a patch left there now.

I think they may keep the fence up for another year until the site is developed on.

I think it was always assumed to have been left up as merely a bargaining tool with the planning authorities if the 2014 development was to require any additional application outside of the GDO.

Nice to see that, now it's gone, we might start to see some progress on the 2014 development :)

Now with this removed, I wonder if Towers have been talking to the council about their 2014 project, I was expecting them to leave it up until planning permission was put in, however with the ride now removed, I guess they cant use it as a bargaining tool.

I think they will leave the blue fence up, it would look even more messy now having a big empty bit of land, rather than a fence.

With the Beastie gone I hope the redundant tent also goes, opening up a large new area at the back of the Squirrel Nutty queue and station. For 2014 I hope that the Storybook Land theme is expanded as it is a great concept to build on. It works well alongside the farm and is a prime spot at the entrance to the park. :)

Never understood why they abandoned the tent. It was a good space for shows and is still situated in a prime position in the park. Weird how they just stopped using it.

James said:
Rob said:

Wouldn't it look a bit messy behind the blue fence? With the ride removed there will just be a patch left there now.

I think they may keep the fence up for another year until the site is developed on.

Good point actually! I doubt they'd be able to 'clean' the site where Beastie was at all so the fence may be ok for one more year. Really looking forward to seeing what 2014 holds though!

Alastair said:
Never understood why they abandoned the tent. It was a good space for shows and is still situated in a prime position in the park. Weird how they just stopped using it.

Apparently it was down to noise issues as it's really close to the parks boundry and the music etc could be heard from outside the park.

Nope I was on abut the tent, and with the Beastie gone that is my childhood officially gone coasterwise.

It was about time for Beastie to finally be removed after sitting there for the last handful of years! I imagine it's the kind of coaster that would be scrapped rather than moved elsewhere, seeing as it has been SBNO, unless some young family park would like to spruce it up.