• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Berrington Manor

Harv

TS Member
My first ever T.S.T Project.

Coming soon...

Shot0015.jpg

Wow! Is there an indoor roller coaster inside? Is it a dark ride? Looks nice! ;)

^ I wouldn't have thought so, the parks called Berrington Manor. So I would of thought thats the manor. ;)

RyanYoxall said:
^ I wouldn't have thought so, the parks called Berrington Manor. So I would of thought thats the manor. ;)

The Towers have a ride sort of in them.

That's a very different style of manor you've got there. I like it, especially the gardens.

Thanks very much. Unfortunately when I sent this I hadn't actually finished the rear garden or orangerie. Updates on their way guys, your comments mean an awful lot so thank you! :)

Sorry to double post, but finally I have a bit more to show. Progress is extremely slow but hopefully by the end of Summer we'll have a good start, despite holidays and such lark. ;)

Let's begin with a history lesson. Berrington Manor is a huge stately home owned by the Berrington family, in the rural, Yorkshire countryside. It was built in the late 1600s and remains to this a day a symbol of British architecture, featuring innovative design and typical splendour. The Manor was built as a royal gift to the Berrington family, and the surrounding land was used for farming by the local people. Over time, the fields grew bare. The Manor was left, a single building in the vast countryside, and the land it owned separated from the surrounding fields by a fence. The gardens diminished and this once beautiful house began to crumble.

Until last month.

The family (albeit reluctantly, for they had grown rather pompous down the line) agreed with the local council that the land could be used to build a theme park. It would be managed separately and they could keep the family home as their own (guests could roam the gardens). The house would receive massive renovations and the land around would be used to house attractions which would draw visitors from far away. And thus began the story of Berrington Manor.

Shot0019.jpg

The front of the house and lawn in Summer. A drinks stall stands outside the front door.

Shot0017.jpg

Fountains line the entrance pathway to the Manor.

Shot0016.jpg

The rear of the house is currently undergoing massive renovation, with the fountain restored to working order.

Shot0018.jpg

The new fountain begins to spurt water.

I know that you're not meant to have too high aspirations for a park, yet it's such a hard rule to stick by. I can't help but feel excitement for this park. Your comments are always more than welcome as it is the only way I can improve. Many thanks for your time. :)

Looking quite excellent one would say. :p

About never have high expectations: If you have low ones why bother to improve?

Edit: I meant to say a massive thank you to everybody who has shown interest and offered their much appreciated advice and compliments so far.

Not much has happened at the Manor recently, I've hit one of my infamous, metaphorical brick walls. I can no longer progress in Berrington so for the time being, I've been messing around on a few other bits. Some Olympic inspired arenas and things I may show later, a cute little water park, a couple of rubbishy rides and my latest 'major' project, which I may decide to later import into Berrington.

Either way, here is my initial teaser. I hope to have it finished in a month or so, depending on school, work and other commitments. Thanks for reading, folks. :)

Here it is, anyway. Enjoy!

Now this is a very nice start to a park. I love the manor, the only improvment I could suggest is that the roof doesn't look like it matches the rest of the building. But other than that, it's brilliant. :)

Mind if I ask where the fountains came from?

Well, that's a huge compliment coming from the master of theme-parks-situated-in-stately-building-grounds. ;)

Of course you can ask, they're Ralfvieh's Fountains. If you don't have his other sets, I honestly recommend you get them as they are my personal favourites, all ridiculously detailed yet low-poly sets. In particular, the McDonut's and Beaver Homes sets are very useful although I've used them all predominantly in my parks.

You can find them here, good sir. :)

Oooh, nice. I have some of his sets, but clearly not all of them.

Now crack on and build something! ;)

You see, you've gotten further with this than I do with most of my parks...

Looking nice, I hope you can smash the creativity wall with an imagination bulldozer!

:D

Here I am again, just embedding the video I last linked to, as it seemed to go funny for quite a few people. Thank you Mr P & Diogo, your support means a lot!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvZHV0qaF0E[/youtube]

More RCT updates very soon, including some good old Vekoma goodness!

Not much progress on Berrington or The Woods, but I feel I should update with my latest projects anyway.

Here's Miami Dipper; the first ride in a currently unnamed, tacky new park I'm designing. The hideous colour scheme and manky support work are reflective of the fairground style nature of the coaster. More pics and maybe a POV will follow soon. :)

thing.jpg

Next, a custom Corkscrew coaster inspired a little by Flamingo Land's recently sold monstrosity. It was my first inverting coaster so it has always inspired me. Very much a work in progress but hopefully more should come soon. It's in the same park as the above coaster so another POV may be in order eventually.

Shot0042.jpg

cork.jpg

And finally, from a new project involving the Olympic games in London, British Rail & some scenic landscapes. Again, more to come soon. Sorry there's so little to show but school work takes priority and RCT3 has been quite temperamental lately.

town.jpg

Your comments are, as ever, most welcome and I await your feedback. :)

Shame there are no replies, but I guess everyone's been busy. There's some great stuff cropping up and I regret not having the time to individually reply to each thread. :)

Just here with another update, anyhow. I've recorded a POV for my Vekoma Corkscrew, imaginatively named 'Corkscrew'. Excuse the shoddy support work and terrible music, it was the only stuff generic enough on my laptop, and it's my mother's - sorry. :p

As for the roughness, it's a Corkscrew! What do you expect? ;)

Enjoy, and I eagerly await your feedback. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aAlh_Hl6k&feature=youtube[/youtube]

Quite a nice compact layout. :)

The support work is OK, but it could do with some refining, especially on the corkscrews. :)

But other than that very good. :)