• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Berrington Manor

cool_boy_jon said:
Wow. Just Wow. The whole idea of it is just fantastic. I can really see all the work and effort you have put In to this marvellous park. Everything just looks fantastic. I love the whole story idea of it.

Keep up the good work!

What a lovely comment! Thanks so much, it's stuff like that that really keeps me interested! :)

Themeparkmania said:
Very cute park, love the small details ;) Keep it up!

Thanks very much. :D

DiogoJ42 said:
Cripes, I'd totally forgotten about this park. :-[
Really great work so far. I love the attention to detail in the story telling.

The new roof is a great improvement I have no shame in saying that it's a much better building than Blithering Lodge. Now get cracking and give us some world class coasters! ;)

Hey, no problem! Thanks very much, that's a great comment. I'm not so sure about it being better than the Lodge (Blithering has an unmatched view and you know it!) but I can promise that in the next few updates a coaster will definitely appear. Did somebody say wood?

berrington_zps69e9ee86.png

Another day at Berrington Manor, and finally some attractions seem to be on the horizon.

20_zps7f58cd9b.jpg

I arrived at lunch time to see a very tranquil looking Manor. The Lord had invited me to show me 'something special'. I predicted another pathway. To be honest, nothing much has happened lately and things are beginning to get a tad dull.

19_zpse15233c3.jpg

Yet on the horizon, I could see the huge crane above. It seemed to be working on the Fairytale Forest section of the park, and for a moment I thought that Lord Berrington had begun work on a coaster without telling me. I was a little annoyed - he had promised to give me the dates of any track delivery, knowing how attached I'd become to the project - yet I wasn't to worry.

18_zps4a2f5ed1.jpg

The Lord found me and took me over to the development.

"The crane will be used during rollercoaster construction, yet for now, we're just using it to help out on the assembly of this cute little wheel. Nonetheless, our first attraction!" he smiled.

17_zps44f9219e.jpg

Over the treeline, I could see a ride involving planes, testing high above. I inquired yet the Lord just tapped his nose and ushered me back past Crumble Cottage. He was being secretive. This obviously was a separate area to Fairytale Forest.

15_zpsa2fdbc76.jpg

"Our first thrill ride!" he declared, beaming.

16_zpseb00a7d2.jpg

The second hand Enterprise ride seemed most at home, under the name of "Witch's Web". Representing a witch's curse, riders can glide above the treetops in gondolas on a pivot. The additional tower theming looks very nice too. He invited me in for supper after and, as always, he ended up a little dizzy from a glass of port too many. He eagerly took me outside to show me his next secret.

13_zps62b050b9.jpg

"Here! Opening night isn't too far away and so we're testing out the lighting. What do you think, old bean?"

I approved very much yet had to get home due to the late hour. On may way out I slipped through the gardens.

14_zpsb9e107a5.jpg

I caught this last shot. These developments make me hope that these beautiful gardens are not left behind in a big rush to commercialize the place.

And that concludes today's visit! As usual, replies and comments are very welcome! :D

Beautiful park you have there mate! ;D

Maybe later on a crossover with some other parks here on TS? *cough* SAC *cough* seeing as I'm starting it up again.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out on this park for the time being. ;)