• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best English Inverting Coaster

Which is the best inverting coaster in the UK?

• Revolution

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • INfusion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Odyssey

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Kumali

• Speed

• Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Mumbo Jumbo

• G-Force

• Nemesis

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • The Smiler

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Colossus

• Saw:The Ride

• Nemesis Inferno

• Shockwave

• Total voters
James said:
*ahem* :p

I actually agree with TheMan to a certain extent. I would say Nemesis and The Smiler are on par with one another. However they should not be compared too greatly. Nemesis is great for its intensity. The Smiler is great for its fun and madness.

Actually both The Smiler and Nemesis for me are the best 'inverting' roller coasters in the UK.

I would hazard a guess that when the next MH steel poll comes around - The Smiler will fall well short of the top 40 even whilst Nemesis will retain its top 15 status. You can quote me here if I'm wrong, but I just don't see The Smiler as having a genuine quality layout or ride experience. It's just highly obvious that it was designed to have as many inversions as possible and to hell with any concept of transitions or flow.

Alastair said:
It's just highly obvious that it was designed to have as many inversions as possible and to hell with any concept of transitions or flow.

I agree with what it was obviously designed to do, no question, but I think it is harsh to say that it is bereft of nice transition or flow. When the first drops or the air time hills duel for example, there are parts of the ride that are sensational. The cobra roll is actually my least favourite part of the ride (bar the jolts obv.), as it is an inversion I love but feels absolutely bugger all like one, it leaves me a bit frustrated with it every time, that aside though, the ride has some very nice transitions and flows very nicely at times (jolting aside).

I don't think it will be appearing in the MH poll though, and not because it doesn't deserve to be in the Top 40 (I have not ridden enough foreign coasters to know though).