• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Central Redevelopment

Its demolition was part of the original plans. It then seemed like those plans were later changed to retain it.

Seemingly there’s another change of plan to move the amusements now. It’d be a shame to lose that building - it’s quite a unique architectural asset.

Its demolition was part of the original plans. It then seemed like those plans were later changed to retain it.

Seemingly there’s another change of plan to move the amusements now. It’d be a shame to lose that building - it’s quite a unique architectural asset.
Yes I'm fond of it, it's also a decent arcade with good machines, I hope the new site makes more of an effort ambiance wise though.

I'm slightly skewed by the fact I proposed to my fiancée in there.

Meant to post this earlier...above ground construction has actually begun.
Six storey staircase has shot up on the south east corner of the site...nothing else, just an obvious stair column for the new multi storey car park.
Thrilling stuff...stay tuned for the next exciting instalment soon.
Pictures or else its not true lol

This is just a six storey car park we are talking about you know!
Pretty sure that is all of stage one, then they can develop the rest of the existing parking by using the multi storey one, not losing valuable paid parking.

The next stage after the car park is the redevelopment of the properties on Central Drive. Unless they’re waiting for leases to end, I don’t see any reason that they can’t be on with this now subject to planning. I do not however believe they’ve actually out and full application in for this.

Either way, this part of the development doesn’t take up any of the car parking spaces, so it’s curious and perhaps a little worrying that there appears to be little movement on it.

A question by the local Tory MP at PMQs today about Blackpool Central and specifically the funding for relocation of the Crown Court building on the site. I hadn’t until now realised that this was a blocker.

Sunak confirmed that they are looking at this now, with the heavy inference that it was a done deal and the funding/relocation would happen. News is apparently going to be coming very soon.

Hopefully this will mean we’ll see some more movement and news about the next steps of the wider development soon.

Sunak confirmed that they are looking at this now, with the heavy inference that it was a done deal and the funding/relocation would happen.

"I'd like to thank my right honourable friend for broaching this issue, and I'm sure I can unite the entirety of the house in saying that this government is galvanised by the prospect of a Chariots of The Gods flying theatre ride, sometime before 2030."

That nice Mr Gove has just been on the local telly to say there has been a forty million quid grant to shift the courts away from the site and get the ball rolling.
He is absolutely desperate to see the Chariots of the Gods show.

Proud to say, never.
Did the Morecambe one once, and that was sufficient for a whole lifetime.
Nearly as bad as the smell and sadness of the Tower zoo.