• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
For better or worse, many attractions have also closed or been changed during Amanda’s tenure. Just off the top of my head, Amanda’s tenure has seen the demise of:
  • Wild Mouse
  • Log Flume
  • Space Invader 2
  • Spin Doctor
  • Bling
  • The Gold Mine
  • Beaver Creek

You missed.....
Monorail
Noah's Ark
Swamp Buggies
Turtle Chase
The Whip
Teacups
Water Chute
Black Hole
Trauma Towers
Alpine Crazy Golf
Superbowl dodgems

And a few kids rides.

And the magnolia cafe

Basically the ride line up has been decimated in the last 20 years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You missed.....
Monorail
Noah's Ark
Swamp Buggies
Turtle Chase
The Whip
Teacups
Water Chute
Black Hole
Trauma Towers
Alpine Crazy Golf
Superbowl dodgems

And a few kids rides.

And the magnolia cafe

Basically the ride line up has been decimated in the last 20 years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
My apologies; I missed quite a few, it would seem!

In my defence, I didn't first visit BPB until 2018, so didn't experience any of the listed attractions, but I have to say that I never realised just how many attractions have gone...

What about the Reel?
Damn fools,
I still weep.
Edit...and I remember a certain mandy being a bit of a madam running the pony rides on south park all those years ago.
She was a bit of a bossy boots all the way back to her teenage years...saw it with my own eyes, then heard who she was from my uncle.

Last edited:
This women nearly made me punch a wall after hearing her comments about passholders. She threw her rattle out the pram because the people that love the park most spoke out about the absolute bin bag of a place it is
You've changed your tune. You yourself are on record in a number of threads as recent as a couple of days ago branding forum members who have been visiting Towers for decades, as "ungrateful" moaners who look for things to complain about.

Let's pretend for a moment that Mandy made these comments in the context that you have perceived them. You personally don't like BPB so Mandy is out of order for chastising critics in your view, yet anyone dares level any criticism at AT or your personal favourite rides and they should just stop moaning?

You do see the inconsistencies here right?

You've changed your tune. You yourself are on record in a number of threads as recent as a couple of days ago branding forum members who have been visiting Towers for decades, as "ungrateful" moaners who look for things to complain about.
Ye but we're allowed to because we're enthusiasts. She's a director of one of the biggest UK parks calling out her own passholders. She should be more mindful of what she says

Nice day at the Pleasure Beach today, great weather for this time of the year. Big Dipper and Nick Streak running great.

20% off Black Friday sale in all the merchandise shops this weekend so I treated myself to the Icon and Big One coaster cut outs. (hours of frustration to come no doubt)

It's her sandbox.
If you don't like it, sod off, and stop buying season tickets.
That is all she is saying.
You gave me this exact advice after several horrendous visits back in 2021, and I’ve not bought a season pass ever since. And, despite having previously been a pretty regular visitor, I’ve only been to the park once since May 2021.

This attitude of “if you don’t like it, don’t go” is a terrible way to do business. I can’t be the only person in this position.

Businesses rely on customer retention. They can’t keep treating customers with contempt and expect not to lose their custom. The park hardly seems to have been doing well over the past few years.

Couldn't agree more mate.
And it isn't just customer retention!
Make new mates on the staff every year, then lose the majority the year or two after.
Very good staff, but leave because of frustration with the status quo, and/or poor wages and terms.

It's her sandbox.
If you don't like it, sod off, and stop buying season tickets.
That is all she is saying.
Then Pleasure beach struggle because they won't have the numbers. They don't have a big enough brand image to get away with 'is what it is'. Towers are the only park that get away with it cus they're towers. Towers and Thorpe are the UK equivalent of Iphone and Samsung. Pleasure Beach is more of a Nokia

Some Beach season pass holders don't even have a mobile phone.
Merlin are a large international company with multiple large resorts and business fronts.
BPB is a minor drop in the ocean in comparison, a small family firm in a desperately poor resort that is on its knees economically and socially.
You aren't comparing like for like.

And there ends the 2023 season.

Had a nice few hours in the park, would've stayed later but half the trains home were showing as cancelled.
Couple of rides on Icon, a go on Avalanche, then a few dark rides in the shape of Wallace and Gromit, and Ghost Train. Finished off with a horse themed double bill of Derby Racer and a surprisingly smooth 4th row ride on Grand National.

Amanda's comments have made me mad. I have not seen any other park with such a die-hard group of people who genuinely care about the place - yes we can spraff stuff online about X, Y and Z which comes across as negative, but it is out of a desire for the place to be successful. They set up the BPB Fan Club which was a good thing to do, but then just let it fall flat. They should send out regular updates to keep us nerds happy, and further understanding of how they spend their money. Literally a video of Amanda saying something along the lines of:
"I want to thank each and every one of you for your loyal support of the Pleasure Beach. As we plan for our winter maintenance works I want to share what we plan to do. I am sure you are aware that with the rise in cost of living, the continuing impact with our supply chain and the economic situation in the country we have to use our winter budget strategically to get the best bang for our buck. We, of course, would love to do more but we don't have an infinite budget. Some of our key projects include..."

It'll never happen because - I've said it before - the park's marketing is atrocious.

I think as pass holders we should also point out the things Pleasure Beach do well especially for a British family owned park. There food is generally better quality and reasonable prices. I think on the whole they do try and take care of presentation of the park and things are tidy and well presented. Not like corporate style presented retro in many ways but that's part of Pleasure Beachs charm. I also think they did a really good job on Valhalla in the end. It took a long time but its been very reliable this season on the whole. I've seen the ring of fire working more this season them I can remember in years. Some of the staff are very friendly too. So I think credit where credit due. There season pass is also excellent value if you factor in the free entries to European Parks like Europa Park.

I think as pass holders we should also point out the things Pleasure Beach do well especially for a British family owned park. There food is generally better quality and reasonable prices. I think on the whole they do try and take care of presentation of the park and things are tidy and well presented. Not like corporate style presented retro in many ways but that's part of Pleasure Beachs charm. I also think they did a really good job on Valhalla in the end. It took a long time but its been very reliable this season on the whole. I've seen the ring of fire working more this season them I can remember in years. Some of the staff are very friendly too. So I think credit where credit due. There season pass is also excellent value if you factor in the free entries to European Parks like Europa Park.
You're right. The park do lots of thing we probably don't always notice too. Things like overhaling the water feature at Eddie Stobart, replacing the Steeplechase sign and a complete refurb of the bears at Avalanche. Things that you don't notice because they look good, but if they are left to deteriorate you certainly would.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.