• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Beyond embarrassing. And yet more proof that they don’t understand their market or what they themselves are meant to be positioning their brand as.

Everyone knows what they should be positioning their brand as. The UKs biggest and best seaside amusement park.

Everyone knows.... apart from the owner of the park.

Notice all the coaches in the top of that photo above. They barely get any now unless it's for school trips.

Hi, I am looking for some advice from you very knowledgeable people! I haven't been to the Pleasure Beach for about 20 years now, thinking of taking my daughter (7) in the Easter hols and staying over. So my question is, are the Pleasure Beach hotels worth staying in? They look pretty nice, Big Blue is pretty similar pricing to the Hampton etc but interested in any thoughts/advice you may have for me. Thanks so much.

Hi, I am looking for some advice from you very knowledgeable people! I haven't been to the Pleasure Beach for about 20 years now, thinking of taking my daughter (7) in the Easter hols and staying over. So my question is, are the Pleasure Beach hotels worth staying in? They look pretty nice, Big Blue is pretty similar pricing to the Hampton etc but interested in any thoughts/advice you may have for me. Thanks so much.
Big Blue with a park view room in a nice wee treat. The Hampton is a standard chain hotel and is fine. You also have a few other independent hotels around which are highly rated (Corona springs to mind).

If they are all a similar price, I personally would go got the Big Blue.

I definitely enjoyed the Big Blue when I stayed there. Granted, I've only stayed once, and that was nearly 5 years ago, but I'd say that the Big Blue is definitely a nice hotel to stay in, and my parents seemed to agree.

As @ScottishChris suggested, I'd also thoroughly recommend a park view room if you're able to get one. Looking out of the window and seeing all of the rides is brilliant, particularly in the morning when you get to see things like the early test runs of various rides and a man banging Big Dipper with a hammer as he walks around it!

The Village Blackpool hotel is really nice, it's also just had a full refurb. It also has an indoor / outdoor pool, sauna, steamroom etc. And a Helter Skelter restaurant. It's normally a lot cheaper than the Pleasure Beach hotels and a 10 min drive from the park.

Ive stayed in the big blue top floor looking out over the park. It is an amazing and surreal sight to sit there watching the park with the french doors open.

Just remember to be covered at all times and not open the curtains at like 730 thinking there will be no one around. 🫣

Ive stayed in the big blue top floor looking out over the park. It is an amazing and surreal sight to sit there watching the park with the french doors open.

Just remember to be covered at all times and not open the curtains at like 730 thinking there will be no one around. 🫣
Haha! Top tip thanks

The Village Blackpool hotel is really nice, it's also just had a full refurb. It also has an indoor / outdoor pool, sauna, steamroom etc. And a Helter Skelter restaurant. It's normally a lot cheaper than the Pleasure Beach hotels and a 10 min drive from the park.
Thanks so much I'll take a look

Blackpool Pleasure Beach used to be good at marketing. At one time they pretty much had Jimmy Saville on speed dial. We all remember the boy scouts eating their dinner on the Revolution. What went wrong?

They were lucky with Saville, the Rev was the "Big New Ride" at the time, first looper in europe and all that.
Jim l fix it was bigger than Gladiators at the time!
The best marketing offer was 4 free ride tickets with a train ticket, good value and and a bit green too.
Nice man at the ticket office knew me as a thoosie and gave me extra tickets, every last time.
Good old British Rail!
The Beach looked dead and fifty shades of grey yesterday...without the kinky stuff.
Even the Velvet was quiet, bottom floor only, half the tables empty at early lunch.

They done this last year too. I had decided not to renew my season pass during their promo period and wasn't going to renew at all. The price dropped quite a bit a few weeks before the park opened - I ended up renewing.

I know they will never let slip, but it would be interesting to know how many people have bought the Hot Ice season pass. I like the show, but once is enough for me.

They done this last year too. I had decided not to renew my season pass during their promo period and wasn't going to renew at all. The price dropped quite a bit a few weeks before the park opened - I ended up renewing.

I know they will never let slip, but it would be interesting to know how many people have bought the Hot Ice season pass. I like the show, but once is enough for me.
1- Amanda brought it

Amanda should tap up ITV to bring an episode of Dancing on Ice to Blackpool like they do with strictly. Then we could have dancing on hot ice or as Thier social.media team might put it - dancing on thin ice
Sorry, that just reminded me of the Peter Kay parody "Britain's Got the Pop Factor... and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice" 🤣 🤣

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.