• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I go every few weeks, tend to ride a different selection of rides each time, chat with many staff and punters, and enjoy a cheap drink with fresh strangers...(the fresher the better).
Can't do any of that at the ice show.
I have enjoyed the show many times, and always suggest newbies go and see it if they can, it is just such a ring fenced drain on resources for a small family park.

Anyway, next question.
Next year, the season pass starts a month later, mid March.
Do you think they might sneak in a "pre season" paid only wow weekends offer?
Just to mop up the freaks and geeks...
Pre season preview rides in the big coasters, fiver each or a twenty quid "valentines"wristband for half term?
They need to keep those tills tinkling.

Almost certainly.

In a purely cold business sense it isn’t the worst idea, in Feb/ March BPPB is pretty much the only park open so if the geeks want a ride they will have to (and probably will) pay.

I

Anyway, next question.
Next year, the season pass starts a month later, mid March.
Do you think they might sneak in a "pre season" paid only wow weekends offer?
Just to mop up the freaks and geeks...
Pre season preview rides in the big coasters, fiver each or a twenty quid "valentines"wristband for half term?
They need to keep those tills tinkling.

If they open Valhalla for the first time aswell then I reckon they could charge £40 and get a decent amount of punters in .

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've not been since infusion first opened. There's just not enough there that I like. would however pay to go on individual rides. I'd like to try Icon and the new Valhalla, but there no way I'm paying full price for 2 rides.

I live very near Blackpool, I went at least twice a year since the early 80's up until they made you playbirds the door. Shame really.

I've not been since infusion first opened. There's just not enough there that I like. would however pay to go on individual rides. I'd like to try Icon and the new Valhalla, but there no way I'm paying full price for 2 rides.

I live very near Blackpool, I went at least twice a year since the early 80's up until they made you playbirds the door. Shame really.

If you haven’t been for say 15 years and want to ride Icon then why not just treat yourself to a day at the park? You could get yourself half a dozen rides on it as well as having a ride on some of the other stuff at the park and get your money’s worth out of your ticket.

I know we all say that the park has its problems but if you haven’t been for years and really want to try a certain ride then go for it, if you are waiting for them to add something else to the park before you go then you might be having a very long wait.

Last edited:
If you haven’t been for say 15 years and want to ride Icon then why not just treat yourself to a day at the park? You could get yourself half a dozen rides on it as well as having a ride on some of the other stuff at the park and get your money’s worth out of it ticket.

I know we all say that the park has its problems but if you haven’t been for years and really want to try a certain ride then go for it, if you are waiting for them to add something else to the park before you go then you might be having a very long wait.
I second this, the dark rides are absolutely worth doing for a start.

One thing I can honestly say though, I've never had a BAD day there.
I've got to say, I concur!

Although I have only ever been twice, and I haven't been since 2019... I'm from the South West, so the park is hard to get to for me. I didn't first visit until I was 15 for that exact reason.

It does feel like this thread has been a lot of 'in on BPB.

That’s the thing, despite the concerns we might all have about how the park is being run and some of the decisions that are being made as well as some operational issues (such as ride availability and closing hours) you can definitely still have a good fun day at the park.

I actually think it’s one of the easiest parks to have a good fun day at given it’s compact layout and fairly modest attendance at times. You don’t have the long queues you can get at the Merlin parks and it’s easy to get a good amount of rides in.

Am I being a bit thick or is the Hot Ice season pass going to be bought by anyone other than some lunatic diehards?

The fact that you can see the full show over two days of matinees effectively means it’s already free for season pass holders. Are there really any non-season pass holders that would buy just a Hot Ice season pass?

Am I being a bit thick or is the Hot Ice season pass going to be bought by anyone other than some lunatic diehards?

The fact that you can see the full show over two days of matinees effectively means it’s already free for season pass holders. Are there really any non-season pass holders that would buy just a Hot Ice season pass?
I guess the flip side is there's no real sunk cost in putting the product listing on their website other than whoever's time setting it up.

If it doesn't sell then what's lost ultimately?

It does feel like this thread has been a lot of 💩'in on BPB.

I've had a couple.

The park is insufferable when busy due to the poor operations and low throughput of most attractions.

Sounds like that hasn't been so much of a problem this year but I won't be going back to find out.

Until Valhalla opens.

The show has a few very keen enthusiasts, who will visit often, and this lovely new product will pull the park out of the financial doldrums of the coming recession.
Probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Imagine the uncapped energy costs for businesses will hit harder than the lack of visitors to be frank. It's going to be a bit of a one two punch where it hurts.

I remember before they brought in the entrance price BPB was always in the top 3 visited attractions in the uk. When we always had our October annual half term coach trip to Blackpool we would always start at the tower and walk down to the pleasure beach which was always so busy u couldn’t move in there and we always use to go on the 1 token attractions like the Ark, flying machines and the bumper cars and we did this to 1996 as the following year I had left school and didn’t go back to Blackpool to 2000 when I brought my 1st wristband and I really enjoyed the rides and the attractions then we did the WoW weekends which started off as £10 per person and we went every Feb/Mar to 2010 when we all started to have kids. I looked at going back to Blackpool but the prices are too high now for a family of 4 when I been to Crealy for 2 days and 1 day to Watermouth Castle for cheaper than 1 day in BPB.

Indeed. I fully get they need to set their prices in an attempt to make the business sustainable. However, next weekend would set me back £170. With fuel, food etc. It is becoming a bit of an ask. To be totally fair this isn't out of line with other parks.

Ok I worked it out for the family of 4
Petrol at 1.65 per litre is about £40 return.
Parking £6 for up to 12 hours
Park tickets £164
Food Wetherspoons £40 to £60 for breakfast and dinner
Drinks&snacks at the pleasure beach £20

So really a day out at the pleasure beach will cost me roughly £300

Just for context our upcoming trip in a few weeks:

2 nights in Big Blue - Wine on arrival and breakfast = £140
Park Tickets = £17.50ea/ £35
Petrol from East Mids = £40
Evening meals for the 2 nights plus general snacks/ drinks = £100
Merlin attractions = £0
Illuminations - £5 donation

So roughly £320 for 3 days away at Blackpool which isn't too bad, main reason for going is because we haven't visited before and have been holding out for Valhalla's reopening. Highly unlikely we'd visit again for at least 18mnths due to wanting to visit European parks.

Tomorrow we and some friends are off to Chessington & Thorpe: between the 5 of us it's cost £60pp inc petrol, hotel and 2x Park tickets for Chessington and 2x Thorpe for the couple who don't have annul passes. So £300 for 5 people for 2 days away not including food and snacks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.