• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Technical issues delaying opening certainly seems to be the most credible explanation. What’s incredible is that despite already pushing the opening back by a whole year, they still don’t appear to have managed to get it open in time for the start of summer.

Surely this indicates that it probably was financial issues holding things back. Because if the project was well funded / manage. These issues would have came to light a long time ago, giving plenty of time to fix.

There was me hoping the delays were because they commissioned an animatronic like the one at the end of toy land tours. But 5x as large and with Amanda Thompsons face instead, which was going to reside at the end of the ride. We can only hope.

Predictably poor operations today and very busy with school trips, lots of queue jumping. Big One and Revolution are still yet to open. Enso started taking bookings around 12:30

Was planning on going today, a planned group of five dwindled over time to just me, they could not face the school groups.
Looks like they were right, again.
Did you get on enso?

Was planning on going today, a planned group of five dwindled over time to just me, they could not face the school groups.
Looks like they were right, again.
Did you get on enso?
Actually coming to update, school groups are clearing out so ride waits are quickly dwindling. Enso today was running much better than my last attempt, I stopped counting after I’d made 10 complete rotations before the first inversion! When it’s good it’s probably one of, if not my favourite ride in the U.K.

Credit to the Ice Blast queue hosts booting queue jumpers out. Revolution hasn’t managed to open today but faff aside, everything else is on its maximum number of trains

This probably gets asked every Summer by someone but I forget. . . Is it the case that the school summer holidays themselves aren’t actually that busy at BPB, after the school trips are done? Or are they still fairly busy until the Jocks go back (is that mid August?). I generally avoid the school hols but I did a late August a few years back and it wasn’t that busy.

The last two years have been very busy every day.
Usually they are pretty/very busy, but not as bad as schools weeks.
Weekends have often been quieter than weekdays, and Sunday mornings are the coaster geek time of the week, half a dozen coasters and two pints in the first ninety minutes is an achievable goal, even for an old git with dodgy knees.
The old route was Infusion, Dipper, Streak, Revolution, Steeplechase, National.
Often done that lot in the time it takes to get on the Big One.

So school holidays start this week for most of the country (or have already started in Scotland's case) and the weather is scorching.

Absolutely nothing coming out of the park about Valhalla. They are worryingly quiet.

I know the park aren't exactly full on when it comes to marketing but surely even pleasure beach would be teasing opening by now if they had any idea of an opening date in the next few weeks.

So I think the logical assumption would be that either Valhalla wont be open before September or they are even worse at marketing than anyone could imagine. And if its not going to open before September then will they even bother this year?

If we assume its not going to open then is it because......
a) They have a genuine issue that cannot be resolved quickly
b) They have no money to run the ride
c) They can't be arsed

I would lean towards b

Last edited:
So school holidays start this week for most of the country (or have already started in Scotland's case) and the weather is scorching.

Absolutely nothing coming out of the park about Valhalla. They are worryingly quiet.

I know the park aren't exactly full on when it comes to marketing but surely even pleasure beach would be teasing opening by now if they had any idea of an opening date in the next few weeks.

So I think the logical assumption would be that either Valhalla wont be open before September or they are even worse at marketing than anyone could imagine. And if its not going to open before September then will they even bother this year?

If we assume its not going to open then is it because......
a) They have a genuine issue that cannot be resolved quickly
b) They have no money to run the ride
c) They can't be arsed

I would lean towards b
Or d) they have no money to complete the work.

Really disappointing that Valhalla hasn’t opened for Summer. I noticed in Spring there were posters about the relaunch on the tram stops so they must have expected it to open imminently back then, even though no reopening date was shown on the posters.

It’s looking more and more like 3 entire seasons without it. But if it’s been testing plenty then presumably the boats are getting round ok. Is it something complex to do with the effects do you think? Bring back the simplicity of the classic Log Flume!

Pleasure Beach saying Valhalla would open in 2021, then 2022.
tenor.gif

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.