• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It would appear the park have yet again pulled the old bait and switch with the next Late Night Riding Event having its hours cut. Rumour is it will soon be renamed Early Evening Riding.

OK, so I mentioned Valhalla in the wrong topic, like I do, again.
To repeat in the right topic.
Is anyone expecting Valhalla?
Summer 2022.
Is it going the same way as the "Late Night Riding", doing the National in the morning, or riding the Big One on a day when it is a bit windy?
It is now summer, and not a whiff of a Vikings cheesy helmet.
I don't do social media, and it is probably a good job...
They would be cancelling my season pass.
We are going to end up with a wacky worm in a paddling pool at this rate.
Anyone care to share any rumours or fresh false promises.
Guy on the donuts stall must have seen something by now...

OK, so I mentioned Valhalla in the wrong topic, like I do, again.
To repeat in the right topic.
Is anyone expecting Valhalla?
Summer 2022.
Is it going the same way as the "Late Night Riding", doing the National in the morning, or riding the Big One on a day when it is a bit windy?
It is now summer, and not a whiff of a Vikings cheesy helmet.
I don't do social media, and it is probably a good job...
They would be cancelling my season pass.
We are going to end up with a wacky worm in a paddling pool at this rate.
Anyone care to share any rumours or fresh false promises.
Guy on the donuts stall must have seen something by now...

I think the lack of any updates coming out of the park on any platform is telling. They are even ignoring the numerous replies to pleasure beach tweets asking for news.

They can't even confirm what time the park are closing tomorrow (23rd of Aug). Is it 9pm or is it 10pm or is it when they feel like it ?

Wacky worm in a paddling pool sounds like a good idea :) . It will probably be more popular the SkyForce!

There’s only two possibilities, either: -

- they don’t know because of some technical or management issue, or

- they know and won’t tell us because they’re incompetent, planning something or are scared of saying it’s now 2023.

Neither option is great considering how long they’ve now been working on this. Given the snippets of information you garner from Amanda though, there’s very clearly been some chaotic management of the project.

I get the impression that there’s a wave of discontent currently from the lack of transparency, both on Valhalla and opening times. It’s not a good look and the continuing amateurish PR is doing nothing to help it.

Opening times page has now been updated to 9pm. The day before. What a joke.

1658492342673.png

If they can't get it open for a good chunk of the summer holidays then it would be pointless opening it at all this year.

It's definitely looking like 2023 now.
Yup, not a ride to be done outside June to September, so the rides season is already half over.
It does keep a certain type of geek out of the coaster queues year round however.

The message: ‘The gods are re-imagining Valhalla. Re-opening summer 2022’ has been removed from the ride page on their website. That’s pretty much it isn’t it. Gonna be 2023 now 🙄 When you think it’s taken them longer to do this than it did to build the ride in the first place, it’s a really poor show.

They must have encountered some kind of issues with it, surely? I’m sure BPB have been trying really hard to get it open, but it clearly hasn’t been playing ball, for whatever reason.

However, it could yet be summer 2022, for all we know; perhaps the page has gone so they can add an exact opening date that’s in a few weeks’ time!

The price of gas skyrocketing, since companies like BPB aren't subject to a price cap? Maybe it would just be too expensive now since it was always an expensive ride anyway?

They must have encountered some kind of issues with it, surely? I’m sure BPB have been trying really hard to get it open, but it clearly hasn’t been playing ball, for whatever reason.

However, it could yet be summer 2022, for all we know; perhaps the page has gone so they can add an exact opening date that’s in a few weeks’ time!
Oh Matt I love your hopeful rays of light.
They have taken the date down so they can put an exact opening date that's in a few weeks time?
Bet you they don't.
There have been zero signs/rumours of a near opening...nobody has said that, even once, let alone twice, so there is no rumour to be proved true that the opening is close. Not a single whiff...despite me being nosy...lots of headshaking, shrugging and distant gazes.
Covid, Brexit, energy costs, seagulls with flicknives moving back in, I put it all down to the brilliant management skills of Mandy.
She wants the Big Shed for the Hot Ice show, because the Arena has been a rat infested rot hole with very dodgy plumbing for the last fifty years.
As said above, nothing more than a flume in a shed, bring back the Fun House.

Issues or not, it's been dragged out since 2020 - the pandemic will obviously have delayed it, but honestly I feel like the delay should've only been until mid 2021. Honestly, it seems a little bit ridiculous

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.