• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If they wanted to claim Europe's tallest they'd have to go over 120m (380ft) to beat Hansa's Highlander, which seems unlikely to happen.

I guess as it's BPB they'd probably get one ~360ft tall and claim it to be Europe's tallest but it's still not something I expect them to actually build.

I’d say I’m 50/50 as to whether they’ll actually get anything to replace it.

Look at how many removed rides with no replacements have happened over the years at BPB.

I’d say I’m 50/50 as to whether they’ll actually get anything to replace it.

Look at how many removed rides with no replacements have happened over the years at BPB.

They are getting to the point where they cannot just remove attractions without replacing them, and still justify the gate price.

Even when Icon came along we lost Wild Mouse, Tea Cups and the upcharge go karts in the same year.

If Ice Blast does go in the closed season, and that is a very big IF, I would guess they have something lined up to replace it, even if it is a season or two later.

Did anything ever come of the “Head Above The Clouds” trademark they registered back in summer 2022? Could a ferris wheel possibly be the replacement next season for Ice Blast?

Apologies if this is a daft question.

But does all of this rumour about Ice Blast exist anyway outside the fevered realm of off season conjecture? It seems we've got a full conversation going about what might replace Ice Blast, but I don't recall seeing any discussion that suggests Ice Blast is actually closing?

Apologies if this is a daft question.

But does all of this rumour about Ice Blast exist anyway outside the fevered realm of off season conjecture? It seems we've got a full conversation going about what might replace Ice Blast, but I don't recall seeing any discussion that suggests Ice Blast is actually closing?
Mr Speculation seems certain that 2024 could be Ice Blast's final season, and apparently has been told by multiple sources that a replacement thrill flat has already been purchased.

Make of that what you will though, and time will tell.

Is it me, or is the rumour mill going particularly crazy at the moment?

As others have said; I’ll believe it when I see it. There seems to be a spate of ride removal rumours coming out of Blackpool every year that quite often don’t come to fruition, so I’m a little sceptical at the moment. Particularly seeing as Ice Blast, while not well liked by enthusiasts, is one of Blackpool’s biggest rides and seems generally well liked by the public.

Is it me, or is the rumour mill going particularly crazy at the moment?
My best guess is that it's closed season and people need content for their videos. And said videos always seem to be presented in a very clickbait sort of way.

Ice Blast is quite old now so there's every chance it doesn't have a whole lot of time left. So you could say it's an easy one to guess at saying it's going to be removed, and there's a decent chance you could be right in the near future.

I too have been told that Ice Blast is going by a number of sources... that said it's all just gossip. I think the ground markings around the Ice Blast pad is what is fueling these rumors - but nothing about this screams "this season" IMO.

I think we all need to put a lot into perspective here:
1. the Valhalla over-run proved costly for the park
2. the bill from Covid is likely still being paid off
3. the poor summer kept people away from Blackpool

I am sure the park is plannin to replace Ice Blast, but I would have assumed some sort of planning would need to have been submitted by now for this.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.