• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

What the park needs is a big family Schwarzkopf to replace Grand Prix. Sadly they're about 35 years too late, but a multi train large scale either Vekoma Mine Train or Mack Powered Coaster would be good.

I am not really sure the park needs another family coaster at this point. They have Nick Streak, Avalanche and you could probably also include Dipper and Steeplechase as family coasters. I would even say Icon is a family thrill coaster.

I am not saying they don't need a new family attraction, I think that is even more overdue than a coaster but if they are investing in a coaster then I think it should be a full on thrill coaster.

I would be quite happy if they replaced Valhalla with a new family dark ride. But after chucking £4m down the drain on what was allegedly a refurb , it looks like Valhalla will have at least another 5 years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

They need to decisive what demographic they are going after and use that as the starting point. But as Amanda stated, she will make a decision, so we will no doubt get something pretty, but unnecessary.

I've seen a few YouTubers claiming they want Blackpool to regain the height record. I'm not convinced that's the way to go, I'd rather have a unique ride, something the UK doesn't have and is different enough from Icon to get people excited.

If they go for the height record all you're going to get is a bigger version of Stealth which might look impressive but is a one trick pony. I can see what else they could fit in that space

Capacity per train is what they need to look at, as they'll inevitably run whatever they get on one train the majority of the time!
Hence something like a Vekoma Mine Train or Mack Powered Coaster. Big trains as a standard.

If they go for the height record all you're going to get is a bigger version of Stealth which might look impressive but is a one trick pony. I can see what else they could fit in that space
If they were going for a height record, i think they will have to go vertical. I watched the YEG video last night and there are some good ideas. It depends which direction they would want to go, i'd love to see a Kondaa style Intamin Hyper but not sure about space. I'm thinking they could go down the launch route again and use either an Intamin vertical launch or maybe a Mack Stryker vertical launch.

If they were going for a height record, i think they will have to go vertical. I watched the YEG video last night and there are some good ideas. It depends which direction they would want to go, i'd love to see a Kondaa style Intamin Hyper but not sure about space. I'm thinking they could go down the launch route again and use either an Intamin vertical launch or maybe a Mack Stryker vertical launch.

Just can't see Blackpool investing the tens of millions something like this would cost at this point. Presumably the weather would be problematic too?

not sure about space
I think a hyper would not be out the question. I'd love to see a B&M with airtime hill after airtime hill going along the prom and coming back to the park - I can't see it happening though. I was once told that the park legally owns the land from the railway all the way to the foreshore - but there are public rights of way/ bridleways that constitute the roads. If that is true, breaking the current park boundaries may not be out the question.

The park does have a good amount of space to work with, I just hope that Amanda lets others make an informed decision on the ride and she can style it all she wants.

A ride layout similar to Intimidator 305, just mildly (very mildly) less aggressive is what I would love to see. I think the Intamin Hyper would look amazing, and the limited supports would suit a crowded park. Now I've said this - you know it will be a Caterpillar coaster.

Potential areas for construction:

1710326840607.png

The issue that BPB might encounter if they were to install a contemporary hypercoaster is that it would surely completely show up The Big One, which would otherwise remain their second or third biggest hitter.

Well, that and the fact they have no money.
So the issue that they'd have is that there'd be a reason to go to BPB again? That's exactly how they'd make money

The issue that BPB might encounter if they were to install a contemporary hypercoaster is that it would surely completely show up The Big One, which would otherwise remain their second or third biggest hitter.

Well, that and the fact they have no money.
If BPB were to build a new hypercoaster, i would actually consider removing the big one to free up more space. Why the need for two hypercoasters? Something better and more modern could be added in it's place.

Amanda said during IAAPA last year there were no imminent plans for any new rides as *quote her exact words* "we already have all the types of rides we could possibly need right now" before proceeding to tell all about the seafront apartments.

Given the lack of longevity towards future planning, they've either spontaneously come up with something or it's just smoke and mirrors to detract from an inevitable removal to be replaced with more astroturf, stone chippings and overpriced F&B options.

BPB invest in new steel for The Big One every closed season. It's not going anywhere soon, from what I can tell.

In regards to my previous post, I was trying to highlight that a hyper coaster is already a product the park offer, so another might be overkill. But also that I genuinely cannot foresee an investment of that scale happening ever again, unless it were some sort of charitably loaned last roll of the dice for the park. It's perhaps more likely that they will try and retake the height record using some other, cheaper means, but honestly, they seem stuck in a rut that building upwards won't lift them out of.

If BPB were to build a new hypercoaster, i would actually consider removing the big one to free up more space. Why the need for two hypercoasters? Something better and more modern could be added in it's place.
I don't agree. At least for a few years - mainly because it would be the most amazing marketing tool. If BPB actually learn to do marketing.

"The only British park ever to go BIG... twice."
"A hypercoaster is any roller coaster to reach over 200ft. We've done it twice."
"The Hypercoaster league table: London 1, Blackpool 2"
"The Big One in Blackpool was a right of passage... now there is the Bigger One"
And so on...