• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Relife

TS Member
Team edit: Topic split from the 2023 thread for discussion of all things Blackpool (where now?) Pleasure Beach. Thanks!

Pleasurebeech going for the Megabus VIBES with the rebrand. Must have borrowed Thorpes graphic designer. Good job there is just one Pleasurebeech....

1000004114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job there is just one Pleasurebeech....

1000004114.jpg
When we handed over our Pleasure Beach passes at Liseberg last year to obtain our free tickets there was some confusion as they didn’t state Blackpool on them. It needed me to point out Blackpool on the drop down list on the screen.

I do find it a very odd decision (not that all their other decisions haven't also been odd) that somewhere with so much history would drop the 'Blackpool' reference from their name.

It makes absolutely not sense from a marketing perspective (again nothing out of the ordinary). It'd be like them renaming The Blackpool Tower to 'The Tower'.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a U turn halfway through the year though as we did with the Pleasure Beach Blackpool / Blackpool Pleasure Beach phase.

On top of this the other incredibly annoying point is it isn't actually a resort, to which I feel the same for Thorpe (which is now dropped) Legoland, Drayton Manor, Chessington and to a lesser extent Towers although still scraping the barrel.

Towers is arguably the most Resort like of all the UK theme parks followed by Legoland. Drayton is a bit of a stretch but Pleasurebeech certainly isn't.

2024 is also going to be the year of souless corporate rebrands. We are one step away from having a giant PB as the logo.

Final point id like to add is that no matter how much Pleasurebeech try and hide it, the park is in Blackpool.

We have had this recently.
The very word Blackpool has a negative meaning for many in this great nation of ours, especially in the north west, where Blackpool means cheap, cheesy, rip off central, homeless and drunken...with the national pigeon championships.
It is a swear word for the middle classes.
So they have dropped the rude word from their product.
Quite understandable.

It seems pointless to ditch "Blackpool" when everyone knows it's in Blackpool , and even if you didn't , you are going to at least look where it is before visiting.

I have the solution though. It is as cunning as a fox that has just been made professor of cunning at Cambridge University!!!

Put in a planning application to move the Lytham St Anne's border about a mile up the road.

Sorted !!

St Anne's Pleasure Beach Resort and Spa

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It seems pointless to ditch "Blackpool" when everyone knows it's in Blackpool , and even if you didn't , you are going to at least look where it is before visiting.

I have the solution though. It is as cunning as a fox that has just been made professor of cunning at Cambridge University!!!

Put in a planning application to move the Lytham St Anne's border about a mile up the road.

Sorted !!

There is actually precedent for moving the St Annes border... before it was built long ago, the school I went to (and then worked at) had the St Annes/Lytham border moved slightly to run through the centre of the site, so that it could be counted as Lytham (previously the land was at the edge of St Annes)

They could do a 'London' Luton Airport idea so 'St Annes Pleasure Beach Resort' who cares where is actually is. I mean 'London' Stansted when its 50 miles from London or Warner Bros Studio Tour 'London' over 'Warner Bros Studio Tour Watford'

They could do a 'London' Luton Airport idea so 'St Annes Pleasure Beach Resort' who cares where is actually is. I mean 'London' Stansted when its 50 miles from London or Warner Bros Studio Tour 'London' over 'Warner Bros Studio Tour Watford'
The Warner Bros Studio is actually Leavesdon, not Watford. The actual studios (not the tour) does use Leavesdon in the name https://www.wbsl.com/

Sorted !!

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Huh, I dig that.

Sorted !!

Just Pleasure Beach Resort though...it could get confused with the Yarmouth one, it is quite close by.

OK... so in terms of the use of 'Pleasure Beach Resort', I wouldn't mind it IF it was being used as an umbrella term for their facilities - "Blackpool Pleasure Beach at Pleasure Beach Resort". However, for this to be successful it really should have been rolled out with something substantially new like a new family friendly hotel.

The previous logo was actually quite innovative, modern and had potential. Unfortunately, they never done anything about brand recognition to cement it. The new logo is very much something someone has altered using MS paint (or it seems). It doesn't have anything really behind it, and just lessens something stylish and recognisable to something that is literally just punctuation.

I don't like the colours, however, they are punchy and could help form a recognisable brand identity... if they bother to do this.

The change could work, but they need to put substantial work behind it. For example, come opening day every logo on park should be changed. Every advert should be changed. There also needs to be substantial work behind brand identity. This will cost, and I cant see them doing it. I believe it will be half-arsed, unfortunately.