• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Think this is new - £50 unlimited photos for season pass holders:

Exclusive for 2024 Season Pass Holders!

Making memories is everything, and we love playing our part.

We want to make sure that all of your memories from your visit are in one place, digitally and easily accessible. So, we’re introducing an unlimited photo pass.

Next time you visit Pleasure Beach Resort, head to any ride photo unit and show your Season Pass.

For £50, you’ll be able to save as many photos as you'd like, as many times as you'd like throughout the whole season.

See you soon!

Not really sure who this is aimed at though? Passholders would surely buy fewer photos than guests making their first visit

Think this is new - £50 unlimited photos for season pass holders:

Not really sure who this is aimed at though? Passholders would surely buy fewer photos than guests making their first visit
I think they had something similar in the past, last season they only had the "unlimited digital photos on one day" thing (£20 I think?) and some season pass holders like getting ride photos but don't want to pay £20 per visit for the privilege. Presumably they got enough feedback to bring it back. I think Merlin parks have a similar product, as I remember visiting with some MAP holders who were able to get every single photo on every visit.

I have absolutely no plans to visit yet again this season even though I'm only 40 mins away. I have seriously fell out of love with the place.

Lot of great childhood memories but it's just not the day out it once was. As I have got older my tastes have changed but mostly my expectations are much much higher. To take the wife and our Son here costs us more than a trip to Towers when you factor in the BOGOF for Merlin parks plus the free Sun vouchers they offer.

The place needs a huge injection of cash to bring it up to standards. Sadly don't see that coming any time soon.

Just in case there was any doubt, the pro are definitely planning on The Big One being ready for Saturday. I’ve been lucky enough to be invited to be on the first train of the season so they seem fairly confident

It looks like they messed up the re-track again - tiny track segment gone in to fill the gap between two sections of track. The same thing happened on the track section leading into the mid-course brakes. I don't expect it to have delayed things this time however as I've already seen it testing with staff on board in the last few weeks.

From: https://x.com/H3lixHexagon/status/1763218854384201934?s=20

You can guarantee that PB don't want to pay for Diesel in those Grand Prix cars. Can't imagine they are cheap to run these days. They worry is they don't have any money to realistically replace it. PB seems to have a few rides getting near the end of thier life and I'm not convinced they have the resources to replace them.

You can guarantee that PB don't want to pay for Diesel in those Grand Prix cars. Can't imagine they are cheap to run these days. They worry is they don't have any money to realistically replace it. PB seems to have a few rides getting near the end of thier life and I'm not convinced they have the resources to replace them.
Grand Prix cars are electric, they changed from petrol cars a long time ago

I wonder when the last year that Pleasure Beach’s ride line up actually got bigger rather than smaller was .

Reopening SBNO attractions doesn’t count.

I wonder when the last year that Pleasure Beach’s ride line up actually got bigger rather than smaller was .

Reopening SBNO attractions doesn’t count.
2015 . Sky force.

Although the general trend has been a reduction in the number of rides ever since the all day wristband was introduced.

They really need something new, and soon . This has got to be the longest I have ever known the park go without a single new attraction. 6 years and counting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

More like measure once, cut once, bodge a bit in the middle.

It does seem odd that you have one park a couple of hours away from PBR that can remove and replace the best part of 1km of an entire track (bar lift hill and brake run) and as far as we know everything fitted back together to the millimetre, yet a few pieces removed from the Big One and the replacement pieces appear to be wrong! 🤣