• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

It could definitely be a coaster calibre plot of land with some creative thinking, but as an experienced Mandy reader, I can almost guarantee that nothing is currently planed and the ride is closing due to financial woes. And don’t ask her any questions!
Out of interest, what makes you think that financial woes are causing this closure when Amanda Thompson explicitly said that it’s due to a new attraction coming? If it was financial woes, wouldn’t she have given a vaguer reason like “guest feedback”?

Out of interest, what makes you think that financial woes are causing this closure when Amanda Thompson explicitly said that it’s due to a new attraction coming? If it was financial woes, wouldn’t she have given a vaguer reason like “guest feedback”?
If as she says it’s being replaced by a new attraction, I don’t see why you’d stop operating it immediately when in her words they haven’t even decided what it’ll be yet.

Brilliant tweet though, love it 😂

Why is she so angry about people asking her about replacement rides? God forbid people show an interest in the park.
I think some of it is lost in translation, peruse Facebook these days and it all looks like this.

I don't think Mandy knows that because tone of voice doesn't come across in writing, you need to write differently. She's just typing what she'd say.

Or she's on her first vino already.

Or she has zero respect for customers.

I dunno.

Suppose the existing boarding area for the Grand Prix could be retained as the station, I'd say a powered family coaster as its something there missing in the line up. Then there's no need for lift hills and they can route it anyway they want around the Avalanche and existing grand prix layout. Maybe have it themed to Wallace and Gromit as well.

Mishap on Revolution, failed to reach second lauch and has landed rather precariously with the front held on the brake
Probably the best weekend of the year to go if you're looking for an evacuation.

Still annoyed that years ago when on the rev when it looked like we'd get one the people on the front row were able to shift their weight forward ever so slightly and the second push/launch kicked in.

Probably the best weekend of the year to go if you're looking for an evacuation.

Still annoyed that years ago when on the rev when it looked like we'd get one the people on the front row were able to shift their weight forward ever so slightly and the second push/launch kicked in.
Was pretty obvious it would do it, there were a few close ones in the run-up. It's been pushed up and evac'd

Not sure I'd like to climb down the 'wrong' side to be honest 🤣

Mishap on Revolution, failed to reach second lauch and has landed rather precariously with the front held on the brake
Oh well spotted and reported sir.
That has made my day.
Reported the likelihood to two of my punters yesterday.
I love the first day, and fools allowing history to keep repeating itself.
Good excuse to shut the ride for three months though surely?