• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Never met the woman but you can tell by her tweets and statements she puts out that she's a proper Dragon.

It's time to step aside and let someone else take charge. The place is a laughing stock.
Like who though? Unless the family sell it that's not going to happen. I'm not even sure who would buy PB, it certainly doesn't fit Merlin's portfolio.

Like who though? Unless the family sell it that's not going to happen. I'm not even sure who would buy PB, it certainly doesn't fit Merlin's portfolio.
Does it not? They own a lot of things in Blackpool, may as well own the Pleasure Beach and a good amount of hotels

Does it not? They own a lot of things in Blackpool, may as well own the Pleasure Beach and a good amount of hotels
Can't see Merlin going for a park with limited growth, a large maintenance bill and the need for several new attractions just to make it competitive.

The only other UK park I could see them going for in the highly unlikely event it becomes available is Paultons

Snotty tweet from the CEO, Big One not operating, Infusion, Valhalla, River Caves and Revolution breaking down and now this! Granted, it could've only broken today but surely if the seat broke after less than a day in use, then it's near failure should've been picked up in its maintenance? Or maybe it wasn't put back together properly after maintenance - I don't know what is more worrying.

They really are having a bad first day. And now they are "Pleasure Beach Lancashire":

From: https://x.com/yrexperienceg/status/1763954532038394194?s=20

Also I think it's quite telling about the way today has gone for them that arguably the most popular UK Theme Park vlogger - TPWW - has not tweeted anything since they first arrived there this morning.
From: https://x.com/QualterZam/status/1763931694921367976?s=20

Last edited:
Someone told me early last season that a staff member (who I understand is no longer one) had told them that it would be the last season for Grand Prix & Ice Blast. I took it with a pinch of salt, but todays it’s confirmed that Grand Prix won’t open this season (and likely never will again), and looking at the state of Ice Blast, signs removed etc, do we really think it’s likely that it will reopen? The last thing the park needs is to lose even more rides

Never met the woman but you can tell by her tweets and statements she puts out that she's a proper Dragon.

It's time to step aside and let someone else take charge. The place is a laughing stock.
And people compare pleasure beach to Thorpe and Towers. Even Oakwood is a better park than this place

Absolutely shambolic opening, feels like they've done nothing in terms of improvements since closing day.

I did see there was some kind of drama going on with River Caves, a quick browse of Twitter/X reveals all:

From: https://twitter.com/CoasterGiant/status/1763933448819851574

From: https://twitter.com/yorks_coasters/status/1763902349561471002

At the time I left, Avalanche had opened and closed approximately 1 million times, a handful of trains would be sent, then the queue would be closed. Bit of testing, reopen, repeat. It looked to be running extremely slow. Didn't hear any audio from Alice despite walking past twice. Grand National didn't seem to be going anywhere although it was 'open'.

There's a selection of randomly placed traffic cones on the ramp down to Nick land. Not obvious if they're for a hazard or if they've been left there accidentally.

I know it's a rainy day but the atmosphere was extremely miserable

Shame to hear it's so bad, was hoping to take my son for the first time this year if he reached 132cm but sounds like a bit of a disaster atm.

Also I think it's quite telling about the way today has gone for them that arguably the most popular UK Theme Park vlogger - TPWW - has not tweeted anything since they first arrived there this morning.

I only follow him on Instagram but he's posting there, though his first video was lamenting the poor operations and the rest weren't narrated (vlog tomorrow though).

*Sorry for double post, couldn't figure out how to add the quote to the previous post.

I only follow him on Instagram but he's posting there, though his first video was lamenting the poor operations and the rest weren't narrated (vlog tomorrow though).

*Sorry for double post, couldn't figure out how to add the quote to the previous post.
Ah fair enough, I know in the past he posted on every platform each time so just assumed he hadn't done any updates.