• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

With 1 minute until park close, they've managed to slip in some more cringe. This email has just been sent out:

Partial refund? Discounted park ticket for next time?

No, 20% off some pizza

T3 Vaquero GIF by Movistar Plus+

Don't see what's wrong with offering a discount on food tomorrow, they know the vast majority of guests today would be pass holders, or potentially making their only visits of the season so this makes much more sense than offering money off a future visit that can't be redeemed.

We know you all had a s##t day and nothing you paid for was ready, you can pay us £35 again to see us tomorrow, also if you don't fancy nipping across the road to the velvet coaster so we can offer you 20% off some overpriced pizza.
Don't see what's wrong with offering a discount on food tomorrow, they know the vast majority of guests today would be pass holders, or potentially making their only visits of the season so this makes much more sense than offering money off a future visit that can't be redeemed.
Also I visit bpb every now and then and I've never had a season pass it's hardly like it was a pass holder exclusive day either.

FB_IMG_1709407172798.jpg
Sorry for the double post just saw on Facebook they're offering a free return ticket for tomorrow and 20% off pizza which isn't so bad, ashame they don't let you pick another date like Merlin but better than nothing.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pH3nFYdCup42z7r6/
Hilarious they're blaming the weather! Unless this is just a rainy day guarantee template they have and happened to send out on this occasion.

I typically dislike companies that are beholden to shareholders, but in BPBs case at least if it wasn't family run Amanda would have been ousted long ago and the park might be in a better shape.

She will still be pushing the Ice Show that literally nobody cares about though.

They can stay on as owners perhaps but they need to go and employ someone who knows what they are doing to run the park for them. Mandy hasn't got a clue let's be brutally honest and never really has. That's not a dig either. Not everyone is cut out for that job.

Out of interest, what makes you think that financial woes are causing this closure when Amanda Thompson explicitly said that it’s due to a new attraction coming? If it was financial woes, wouldn’t she have given a vaguer reason like “guest feedback”?

Oh to still be this naïve...

"New attraction", "Future developments", "Upcoming Plans" etc. are common placeholders for anything or nothing.

Case in point, here is a statement released by BPB over six years ago: "After very careful consideration and planning, our current winter work programme has seen the permanent closure and dismantling of the Wild Mouse and the removal of the facade of the former Trauma Tower attractions. This will create an area for future exciting developments." Now apart from some seasonal events, what "future exciting developments" have happened in the FY4/Heidi Strasse area since? 🤔

Grand Prix does cover a nice footprint granted, but it could be years until we (potentially) see anything in terms of a replacement. Nice bit of cost cutting however.

Oh to still be this naïve...

"New attraction", "Future developments", "Upcoming Plans" etc. are common placeholders for anything or nothing.

Case in point, here is a statement released by BPB over six years ago: "After very careful consideration and planning, our current winter work programme has seen the permanent closure and dismantling of the Wild Mouse and the removal of the facade of the former Trauma Tower attractions. This will create an area for future exciting developments." Now apart from some seasonal events, what "future exciting developments" have happened in the FY4/Heidi Strasse area since? 🤔

Grand Prix does cover a nice footprint granted, but it could be years until we (potentially) see anything in terms of a replacement. Nice bit of cost cutting however.
I’d even argue, though, that “future exciting developments” is vaguer than “new attraction”. “Future exciting developments” could be anything, whereas Amanda Thompson describing a new attraction can only really mean one thing.

The park won't survive much longer I don't think. Not under her stewardship anyway. It's making huge losses most seasons and now losing customers it can't afford to lose. I have absolutely no intention of visiting for the 2nd year running for example and she's a big reason why I won't be. There's better value days to be had elsewhere with better and more modern rides.

She needs to fade into the background as the silent owner and employ a Seasoned Theme Park operator as COO to help her or this historic park will be gone for good before we know it.

The stuff I have read today doesn't surprise me one bit.

I’d even argue, though, that “future exciting developments” is vaguer than “new attraction”. “Future exciting developments” could be anything, whereas Amanda Thompson describing a new attraction can only really mean one thing.

From the park that claimed "over 125 attractions" at one point - they will class fountains as attractions.

However I do think this site will see a new ride at some point in the future, I don't expect it to be any time soon - I think Ice Blast will disappear first, and something else replace it, before anything happens to the Grand Prix site.

The thing is though that “new attraction” could be anything, it doesn’t necessarily mean a thrill ride or even any kind of major ride.

Amanda needs to hire a proper theme park manager and stay out of the day to day running of the park. Concentrate on hot Ice or whatever incarnation it is this year. Those opening days vlogs are going to be spicy