• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Am I remembering correctly that they borrowed money/granted money from the local council for financing Icon?
Can't remember if it was specifically for Icon but they have borrowed off the council in the past (I think there was £5m for something which pre-dated Icon - so Nickelodeon Land or Big Blue), not that strange in itself though as the council does offer loans to local businesses at cheaper rates than the banks.

Am I remembering correctly that they borrowed money/granted money from the local council for financing Icon?
I might be wrong, but I believe it is a bank loan that paid for Icon (for some reason I'm thinking from RBS?) and that this loan may have been recently restructured.

The council frequently provides funding to all attractions in Blackpool for various reasons... ultimately it works out cheaper for them to have successful attractions bringing in tax rather than paying unemployment benefits.

In terms of funding new attractions - I am pretty sure Hyperia is funded by borrowing too.

In terms of funding new attractions - I am pretty sure Hyperia is funded by borrowing too

Unless Merlin have had a very recent change in strategy, they always state (including in the latest accounts for 2022) that capital investments are paid for from operating cash flow, so not borrowed.

Was going to start a thread for this question but probably easier just to ask in case it's already answered, with the platinum pass, how does it work for the other parks? Especially thinking about PA with the two gates and Liseberg charging for rides, I assume you get the full passes for both parks and there's no funny business?

Was going to start a thread for this question but probably easier just to ask in case it's already answered, with the platinum pass, how does it work for the other parks? Especially thinking about PA with the two gates and Liseberg charging for rides, I assume you get the full passes for both parks and there's no funny business?
Liseberg I have had no trouble with before, if you go to Guest Services to the left of the entrance, I have shown both the physical pass and the BPB APP showing Season Pass before, they input it into a spreadsheet and give you a wristband, and let you in that way bypassing the entrance turnstiles

It’s worth remembering that the two hotels at Pleausre Beach are both really quite profitable. They stand on their own feet as a very good proposition and both are really nice. The food is very good too. Makes me wish AT was more like them!

It’s worth remembering that the two hotels at Pleausre Beach are both really quite profitable. They stand on their own feet as a very good proposition and both are really nice. The food is very good too. Makes me wish AT was more like them!
They kind of have to be good though, there so many places to stay on Blackpool. Towers have a handful of local B&Bs as Thier only competition.

With Liseberg last Autumn I popped into their guest services and handed over our passes. They initially couldn’t find what park my passes referred to as surprise surprise they make no reference to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on them! Once it was understood that I wasn’t visiting from Great Yarmouth, wristbands were happily printed off and issued.

I haven't renewed my Season Pass this year - I thought I would be hit with regret as soon as opening day rolled around. I have not. I honestly can't believe the reach the opening day shoddiness has garnered... I would put this down as a true marketing disaster.
Amanda's speech seems to have gone semi-viral too. I just don't understand what she is attempting to achieve. Surely, any person in any sort of power at BPB should be having words with her. It is just completely inexplicable. She really will ruin the park - I just don't get her motivations at all.
On a plus point, I went past the park yesterday and they had steam of people jet washing the entry plaza. It is a week too late, but at least they are doing something. There was also construction work happening in the entrance arcade, and the remaining scaffolding was being removed from the Big One.

Any person in any sort of power at the Beach who has words with her gets sacked.
Simple.
She is in charge, her way or highway, she knows best.
It has been the same since she was in charge of the ponies half a century ago.
Two of us without a renewed pass mate.
Will be in Blackpool with family quite often, but not doing the Beach very often for a year is quite liberating.

Yes, and a number of times.
Nick was an excellent manager of the park, on the ball and seen, often, walking the park...he seemed to vanish around the same time as the deceased rodent.
Sorry shakey.

I'll always say that Valhalla was built for pay per ride were every boat going round was making them £32. Unfortunately by the time it opened the park was already transitioning to wristbands and pay one price.

Should've gotten another big headline coaster to mark the Millennium.

Amanda's speech seems to have gone semi-viral too. I just don't understand what she is attempting to achieve. Surely, any person in any sort of power at BPB should be having words with her. It is just completely inexplicable. She really will ruin the park - I just don't get her motivations at all.
Just watched it:-

“Keep looking at my Twitter, keep looking at my Instagram and I’ll tell you all the news that’s happening here at Pleasure Beach when I feel like it.”