• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That's a good point actually; there's no footplate!
I've circled them for you

miyWHGN.jpg

I'm confused by those horses. Just where exactly are your legs supposed to go?

Just don't have fat legs ;)

xW9A5L1.jpg

That's one cute dino. And it seems to have no lap bar...?

EDIT:
Regarding the lack of leg space, I was refering to the way it looks like the lap bar would slice through your ankles when it closes.

Those photos are deceiving. If you look closely, the lap bar is wider than the foot rest, no difference if you sit with your feet wider than those on Hex/Duel, you soon move them in.

Isn't Steeplechase the only ride of this type remaining? Would seem like obvious thing for the manufacturer to get Blackpool on board. They've even used a picture of the ride in some of the marketing

Pretty sure Steeplechase also got some new horses earlier this year so can’t see any news ones coming anytime soon.

Yeah they refurbished them last winter. They looked good until the seat belts started taking chunks out of them.

I hope it never receives 'cars' like this, as all the fun of Steeplechase is being 20ft above the track, the slightest bit of banking and you move about 30ft to the side XD

I'm aware I may care more about this than most people do, especially with it being my favourite ride and all, but it makes me so sad to see how generally crap Valhalla is these days
default_sad.png

Most of the effects being broken and the general state of the scenes has been highlighted enough in various different places, but seeing these two stills of the ice room really shows how one of the world's most impressive dark rides has been reduced to a poorly presented, unimpressive mess.

Ice scene, 2011;
38489854211_623d630214_b.jpg

A recent shot of the same scene;
37602878885_82f9c6bed7_b.jpg

(The images are stills from Valhalla POVs on YouTube and do not belong to myself).

Like, how can standards be allowed to fall that badly?!

I think Valhalla is misunderstood by the park's current management, and is being maintained as a piece of ride hardware rather than the themed, theatrical experience it was built as. All the creative thought and detail that went into the original ride, from the hugely impressive effects to tiny little things such as the colour of lighting used, or how the audio triggers, is lost.

Personally, I would be in favour of the ride remaining closed during WOW Weekends in 2018, with the operating costs instead being ploughed into getting the experience back to the standards it has previously set. Failing this, I would rather see it removed for the park's next big investment (after Icon) rather than continued to operate as a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.