• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know for a fact if you tried to get most of the leadership team at work to change something on our website the response would be "er...?"
Remember Ripsaw? Heading down the M6 and we were being told it's "just under winter maintenance" and was still on the Towers website.
Because other parks do it doesn't mean its any less unprofessional really. The ride's demolition has been planned for a while now so plenty of time for their web designer to remove mention of it. It's of no real significance I agree but is just shoddy.

Maybe it's just me then, I don't think it's that big a deal that they didn't update their website whilst closed (I don't just mean for Christmas, I mean the park is closed for winter) for a few days. If they'd shut it halfway through the season and carried on advertising it as existing then fair enough (although then the usual "rides subject to availability" kicks in).

That reminds me If you want Dippy you could allways make the red and yellow panles from scrach.

First get some sheets of Exterior plywood-for both the panals and the mice.
Use a jig saw two cut the mice out and then ask the staff at B&Q two cut the panal prats out on there ripsaw.

Then use some really rough sand paper to smooth the edges off and to get rid of any spliters.
Then paint/ rub some dulux primer and undercoat round the edges two seal the plywood off.(I recomend doing 2 coats)
http://kingfisher.scene7.com/is/image/Kingfisher/5010212444467_03c

Next paint the panals and the mice with exterior gloss oil based paints-Red and Yellow for the panals obviously.
And White and black for the mice.(at least 2 coats of the outdoot paintfor both the panals and the mice!)

Then screw one mouse onto each panal( drill hole and conter sink first before screwing!)
Then use the white or black paint depending on whitch mouse you are doing to paint over the screws to make sure they don't rust.

And hey presto! you have your own wild mouse panals:)

Last edited:
If you are a rodent fan you should know that technically, those profiles were obviously rats, not mice.

I might just grab an offcut of MDF from my flight sim project, get one of my rats to stand in front of it, then blast at it with a can of yellow spray paint. I'm sure Babbage wouldn't mind getting covered in paint for his master's whim.

If they'd shut it halfway through the season and carried on advertising it as existing then fair enough (although then the usual "rides subject to availability" kicks in).
Yeah this is more what I mean, which other parks often do. Sometimes with a tiny line added at the bottom "closed for maintenance" and then never reopens again ! (Loggers Leap, Pirate Adventure, Sub Terra etc all did for a long time). If just a short delay then yeah who cares.

if people are getting bothered about the fact this it is still listed on their website then there really will be no pleasing them whatsoever
Bit judgemental to say this isn't it? Considering most the public will only be looking at their website rather than forums or coaster club feeds?

I don't actually see many people getting all that bothered about it myself. Just it's a common problem with online communication with UK theme parks, so my point is that it doesnt need to become an accepted thing just because other parks forget to update their advertised ride lineup

Bit judgemental to say this isn't it? Considering most the public will only be looking at their website rather than forums or coaster club feeds?

I don't actually see many people getting all that bothered about it myself. Just it's a common problem with online communication with UK theme parks, so my point is that it doesnt need to become an accepted thing just because other parks forget to update their advertised ride lineup

I'm sure it will be updated before the park re-opens. If Wild Mouse remains on there way into the summer then yes, there is a problem. For now I really do not think it matters!

:)

I'm sure it will be updated before the park re-opens. If Wild Mouse remains on there way into the summer then yes, there is a problem. For now I really do not think it matters!

:)

Wild mouse was removed from their website not long after the ride was removed.

It is still on the park map though.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share an interesting piece of information which may or may not bear significance on the comments regarding Pleasure Beach being unable to insure Wild Mouse.

I recently became aware that the Pleasure Beach may own or have some degree of control over an insurance company, "SOUTH SHORE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED."

Interestingly, the company has the exact same address as Blackpool Pleasure Beach;
24877190227_7cb580934f_b.jpg

In addition, Amanda Thompson is listed under "people" as a director.

All the information above is in public view and can be seen here;

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00399783

Just wanted to share an interesting piece of information which may or may not bear significance on the comments regarding Pleasure Beach being unable to insure Wild Mouse.

I recently became aware that the Pleasure Beach may own or have some degree of control over an insurance company, "SOUTH SHORE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED."

Interestingly, the company has the exact same address as Blackpool Pleasure Beach;
24877190227_7cb580934f_b.jpg

Yes that has been part of the Pleasure Beach company for as long as I can remember, you can't really insure yourself though so it's highly unlikely that this is who would have been insuring the mouse.

Yes that has been part of the Pleasure Beach company for as long as I can remember, you can't really insure yourself though so it's highly unlikely that this is who would have been insuring the mouse.

To be fair, from reading the accounts, that's exactly what they do! Although they don't do their own public liability insurance, they cover damage to property, fire damage and land vehicles.

Interesting that they didn't have any claims last year, but had one for £5,000 in 2016, and £44,000 worth in 2015. Shame there's no details about what those claims were :p

The Pleasure Beach is a number of different companies from what I remember. Makes sense from them to keep the separate bits apart.

To be fair, from reading the accounts, that's exactly what they do! Although they don't do their own public liability insurance, they cover damage to property, fire damage and land vehicles.

Interesting that they didn't have any claims last year, but had one for £5,000 in 2016, and £44,000 worth in 2015. Shame there's no details about what those claims were :p

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clearer, you put it better than I did!

hqdefault.jpg

"We're through the looking glass here, people."

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.