• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yeah it's a normal part of the daily testing. Guess they need to confirm each day that they can completely stop the train.

With regards to the MCBR am I imagining it or when the big one was new did it just go through that without slowing?

Yeah it's a normal part of the daily testing. Guess they need to confirm each day that they can completely stop the train.

With regards to the MCBR am I imagining it or when the big one was new did it just go through that without slowing?
I can remember a few times it going through without the brakes slowing the train down.

However that was in the first few years with the original drop and boxy turnaround at Grand National that used to take a lot of speed out of the trains. Add to that BPB was PPR at the time so they push the envelope a lot more than they will these days with wind speed.

"The Bigger One" was always a dream, but an Intamin Accelerator did almost happen. It was going to be about the same height as Stealth and those circles on the prom do actually cover the foundations for it. It would of had a similar support structure to what can be seen on Stealth, hence why the middle footer is further east than the ones that flank it.

I've got the plans on my computer and I've shared them with some members on here. (@Coaster will be able to back me up)

Brilliant! Thanks for the Bigger One info, guys! Would certainly have been interesting, although I'm not sure if they'd have gotten planning permission for a ride that actually left BPB...

Brilliant! Thanks for the Bigger One info, guys! Would certainly have been interesting, although I'm not sure if they'd have gotten planning permission for a ride that actually left BPB...

The cable cars at Morecambe Frontierland left the park, went across the main road, turned round and came back into the park.

Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer actually does go over a public road. Admittedly this isn't on the same scale as the Bigger One would have been but cool nonetheless.
Image source: Jeremy Thompson

Wow that’s ace, looks like a motorway bridge but is a coaster going over a busy road !

Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer actually does go over a public road. Admittedly this isn't on the same scale as the Bigger One would have been but cool nonetheless.
Image source: Jeremy Thompson

Isnt there a coaster in Long Beach that does something similar to that, it runs right over Shoreline Drive iirc. I think is called Cyclone or something.

I would never advocate purchasing The Star but the front page as shown on the BBC website suggests they are offering BOGOF wristbands by some means:

_102177274_staronsunday.jpg

Given that all the seats follow the same path, surely it doesn't matter where on the train you are as long as you are in the rear seats of a car (as they are slightly higher)?

Got a nice little visit in today - 19 rides in 4 hours on park (10 of those on Icon). My BPB annual pass is definitely getting a battering this year with that value out of a day, i just can't get enthusiastic enough to head to AT at the moment with the ridiculous queues and lack of SRQ to get a good count in :( one little complaint from today though ... Nash was running like a pig, back row was physically painful as opposed to the usual generally uncomfortable :p they did close the ride when I got off and the men with spanners arrived so maybe it was just having a bad day?!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.