• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Quick question - is there a bar in the pleasure beach that shows football? Want to watch the world cup final at 4pm.

Also I want to get there bang on opening time to maximise Icon riding, if I get there for half 9 I shouldn't have to wait too long to collect wristband should I?

I get the logic behind the advice you have been given to hit the Streak early, and I agree with it. However in terms of quality of the ride I'd recommend a reride towards the end of the day if time allows, it's quite sluggish first thing, after a few hours it runs a lot better.

Quick question - is there a bar in the pleasure beach that shows football? Want to watch the world cup final at 4pm.

Also I want to get there bang on opening time to maximise Icon riding, if I get there for half 9 I shouldn't have to wait too long to collect wristband should I?
Mme Crevettes has 2 nice big tellies on the overpass, FY4 by the fountains, not only has a telly, but it also has Bernard on the bar, doing his best Trumper impersonation from the Shaun the Sheep Movie.

Edit...try the east entrance for quickest entry, but 9.30 at the main entrance should be ok on a Sunday. You should be able to get round all the main rides and multi ride Icon if you crack round the rides listed above first.

Probably, yes. But it’s school holidays! Advantage of BPB over say Towers is the speed at which you walk from one ride to the next. Also, Steeplechase isn’t that different from one track to another, if you’re pushed for time & not likely to be visiting again soon, why not ride Steeple once then do some of the other, non coaster rides, which are great too. And remember the tips we gave you however many pages back it was now, and have fun !
Thank you for all the tips @Dipper_Dave and everyone else! I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time!

Mme Crevettes has 2 nice big tellies on the overpass, FY4 by the fountains, not only has a telly, but it also has Bernard on the bar, doing his best Trumper impersonation from the Shaun the Sheep Movie.

Edit...try the east entrance for quickest entry, but 9.30 at the main entrance should be ok on a Sunday. You should be able to get round all the main rides and multi ride Icon if you crack round the rides listed above first.
Perfect thanks.

I've only been BPB once before for a full day and thought it was a bit crap . Going back with a fresh, open mind and a hopefully excellent new coaster to ride.

Edit: where's good to park? Could do without paying £15

Last edited:
Hi guys. Sorry to bother you all, but I just wanted to ask a random, BPB-related question; I'm headed to BPB in August, and I just wanted to ask if any of you reckon I'll be able to get all 12 of BPB's creds in one day with time to spare for rerides and rides on other things?
P.S. I know there's only 10 RCDB listings for BPB, but the 12 comes from Steeplechase being 3 credits. I do not class Nash as 2, however.
When I was there earlier this year they were only running two Steeplechase tracks (the one in the middle wasn't running). I'm not sure how often they operate all three. I'm pretty sure Grand National is just one, you can decide whether one half is enough or if you need both sides for it to count :)

(I had totally forgot coaster-count had them as separate credits until I was on the train home, so after two visits I have two out of three tracks)

EDIT: Also definitely take the time to ride Vahalla if you're into that sort of thing, It's good! Both times I visited the queue was relatively long (compared to everything being walk on when I went in June this year, or short queues when I went in July 2013)

When I was there earlier this year they were only running two Steeplechase tracks (the one in the middle wasn't running). I'm not sure how often they operate all three. I'm pretty sure Grand National is just one, you can decide whether one half is enough or if you need both sides for it to count :)
They usually drop down to 2 (or 1) tracks on Steeplechase when it's really quiet to save the extra staff running all 3 requires.

where's good to park? Could do without paying £15

I usually get there early and park on one of the side streets for free (always cheek road markings and signs). Clifton Dive on the south of the pleasure beach if you are prepared to walk a little. I also believe that on Balmoral Road is free parking if you can find a space (on the street itself not the car parks)

Edit the above should have read Clifton Drive

Last edited:
If you are going in through the east gate, then Lytham Rd...which runs two streets back from the prom, is easy, close and free.
If you go down Watson Rd...which runs under the park from the prom, then turn left or right at the first lights, that is usually the best place to find easy, on street free parking.
Don't park in my space though nearest the lights.

They usually drop down to 2 (or 1) tracks on Steeplechase when it's really quiet to save the extra staff running all 3 requires.

Beat me to it. I realised on the last visit that it was actually ages since I’d been on the red track as it’s mostly shut on quiet days, so I was glad to get a rare ride on it

Was bloody agony when I rode it the other week, and I think the Nash is fine! :eek:
Both of them bashed me up a bit, i found the Big One was an ordeal too. Thank goodness for Icon. I did almost everything once until i hurt, then stayed on icon for the rest of the day

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.