• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If that's the case, that's great news and would put the park in a good light for looking after their heritage rides.

Agree with the fantastic sentiments there.

Let's hope whilst we are all distracted and patting the mouse on the head with glee, that she doesn't nip off and take a hatchet to the dipper!

Modernising a classic a bit, to keep it in good order - that's the opposite end of the spectrum to where it was going! Well done Mandy.

Must applaud that decision :)

Thanks for the update Sam.

There seem to be quite a few posts knocking around about KumbaK...

What am I missing here lol?

KumbaK were responsible for the hopeless computer system on Grand National that results in the ride now getting a lower hourly throughput than Sonic Spinball.

TheMan said:
I never knew that though Sam, and honestly, I know I say it a fair bit now but some of the knowledge on here is quite ridiculous - you're like coaster/park walking encyclopedias! Fascinating. :)
Nomatter how geeky you think you are, on any given subject, there is always someone with less of a life more knowledge than you ;) We tend to work on the principal of embracing geekism round here :p

Fantastic news about The Mouse :D For a Londoner who is lucky to get to BPBPPBBPB once a year, it really is good to hear that such a classic - and utterly insane - ride isn't going anywhere for now.
It's probably the only woody (that I've been on) I genuinely love, and along with Rev, one of the two coasters worth the trek up north alone.

TheMan said:
There seem to be quite a few posts knocking around about KumbaK...

What am I missing here lol?

Don't worry, this time in 6 months you'll know as much as the rest of us about coasters/rides :p

LOL! I hope I don't Psychoaster it'll push a load of information I need out of my brain! ;D

Diogo, funny thing is all my mates/family etc think of me as a proper coaster nerd. To be fair, I know more than your average man about them clearly, but it's like having an GCSE in coaster geek compared to you multi doctorates out there dude ;D. My above question (KumbaK) being answered only proves this further, there can genuinely be very few people who know (or possibly to be fair, even care lol) about that.

You should award a TsT honourary Doctorate to the most geeky most knowledgeable member each year. In fact, one of you should go on Mastermind! (I say that only half joking by the way).

"The life and works of Roland Mack".

Anyway, enough compliments, back to arguing with you all haha!

So.... next on the list, tweeting Mandy to make sure she uses a decent refurb company! She should thank you all really, this is like free labour!

Blaze said:
TheMan said:
You should award a TsT honourary Doctorate to the most geeky most knowledgeable member each year.
We already do that. ;)

John already stands as the geekiest member so far as we all know ;)

As for Blackpool itself, an email has gone round to those who've accounts on their website about their Halloween Celebrations. Personally I guffawed at the Tarantino section.

The Circus of Horrors returns to The Globe, Blackpool Pleasure Beach with a sensational Halloween spectacular on October 31st, November 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

If Quentin Tarantino had directed Cirque Du Soleil then you would be only half way there.

We have a great special offer available to everyone receiving this email, simply call 0871 222 9090 or visit blackpoolpleasurebeach.com to receive £5 off Band B or Band C tickets.
Enter code '[removed]' or '[removed]' to activate discount.

For more information on The Cicus of Horrors visit the Pleasure Beach website.

Does anybody know what is going to happen to the wild mouse coaster, because i got told it was going to get remove from the park and something new was going into' it's place like a new coaster or flat ride. :)

Having just had a look at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach website calendar to see when the park is open, I came across, what I can only describe as an utter abomination...

park_info.jpg

It appears that they've photoshopped the image and painted over two cross-ties and part of the rail. I feel completely angry, sad and sick at the same time about this appalling matter. I'm sorry if this has alarmed anyone else, but this disgrace needs highlighting and the world needs to know!

Shoddy. -__-

Dear me, that's some really shoddy photoshopping (actually it looks more like MS Paint)!

According to Scott, the owner of PBE, it's been confirmed that the monorail is closing for good. :)

Sam said:
According to Scott, the owner of PBE, it's been confirmed that the monorail is closing for good. :)

celebration_gif_by_lucky88duck-d37jkhg.gif

Fantastic news! All that needs to happen now is the removal of Grand Prix and there's a nice spot of land for a new coaster :)

The Monorail made it's last journey yesterday, and Holiday Rock FM will be gone after next weekend.
There must be alot of scrap value for the former though, so I can see why it would be going, if for nothing else.

Worryingly, Wild Mouse has a "definite question mark" over it according to management, after I went out of my way to ask about it on Saturday. :'(

I'm actually quite gutted to hear Holiday Rock FM will be going. Despite it playing crap music half of the time throughout the park, it certainly gave the place an enjoyable and unique atmosphere. What other park on the planet will I ever be Rick Roll'd at now? :(

I'm glad to see it go, played awful music all day and was a massive waste of money. May as well have played Radio 1 rather than employ DJ's all day to play the exact same music.

Let's hope they get some decent looped audio in, anything to move away from the generic pop tunes that have made the place feel so horrendously cheesy for the last 7 years.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.