• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Seems to be a fair amount of minor maintenance still going on in the Icon queueline. Spotted a claw hammer left out on the floor last week (didn't get a picture unfortunately) midway through. Classic BPB safety!

Blackpool Pleasure Beach to appoint kids to new junior board of directors

"Blackpool Pleasure Beach is seeking to appoint a new Junior Board of Directors to help with the running of the park. Those who are chosen to join the Board will assist with the development of new merchandise, park marketing, and customer engagement strategies."

"The new Board members must be between 11-15 years old, and be able to combine their passion for theme parks with a knack for business. Chosen candidates will be appointed to the Board for an initial two years, and have the chance to remain on the Board until the age of 16 pending a successful review."

Source:
https://attractionsmagazine.com/blackpool-pleasure-beach-junior-board/

And for anyone looking to apply:
https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/juniorboard/

I was on the Junior Board more than half a lifetime ago. It was really good fun, although I was nearly booted off when a grown man snitched on me for posting about a new ride in development. Nonetheless, I was allowed to remain, and had a jolly good time with my complimentary VIP season pass. I think I might be partially responsible for the dancing fountains, though. o_O

That sounds brilliant - do they check ID?

giphy.gif

At first I thought that this was just a publicity stunt, but if they're actually wanting to get genuine ideas off teenagers, then it's excellent idea. It reminds me of the Customer Council that Alton Towers had many years ago.

Finally got a true walk on ride on Icon this afternoon, straight to the open airgates and walked into a middle row seat at around 4pm.
Staff speedy even when the park was very quiet.
Shame the National staff haven't had the same training,
Again walk on when I went into the park, but then we sat there for a full five minutes...both trains full of punters.
Few minutes wait for belt and restraint checks, then another couple of minutes wait after the checks before setting off. Staff just standing, staring into space like zombies.
Maybe they were practicing for Vampire Beach.
Low season can't be arzed attitude.
All other ride staff great, National only seems to get slower and slower operations.

National only seems to get slower and slower operations.
To be fair with the awful Kumback Block system even with faster I.it wouldn't make that much of a difference really, combine that with it being quiet and It's like what's the point?

The sooner the Nash gets a new block system and new trains the better!

You can't blame the block system...the ride was stopped at the platform airgates when I went through the turnstile...I was the very last punter on the train...the other train was full.
Then we all sat and waited with closed airgates and locked lapbars...physically we were a captive audience, then a long wait for belt checks...then a long wait after belt checks.
Nothing to do with block systems, nothing to do with the trains...everything to do with staff needing to pull their thumbs out of their bottoms.
As some would say...
Completely Unacceptable.

Season passes are now on sale till the end of October for £99 (new customers). Discounted for current holders but can't see exactly what that is. It was mentioned a few posts ago that it was likely to be £90. If that is correct then it's worth me getting one for me and my lad.

4 trips and its a saving, and even 3 trips isn't a total disaster when you take into account the discounts you get and also not having to book a week in advance.

Just hope they get the mouse fixed for next season !

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.