• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
More a strange mix of pensioners, druggies and the transient homeless, with a fair dose of trippers and stag parties.
My kind of town!

Below just posted on the Blackpool Pleaure Beach Facebook

"Get ready everyone! 2019 season passes are officially going on sale next week. Watch this space...
1f440.png
"

Again, JUST over the price point where I would have bought one, 4 visits to break even is 1 too many for me. I've had 3 trips this year and considered a 4th, but as one of those was during wow weekends I wouldn't have spent that much even with the 4th trip.

Like all books it can be rewritten. Glad they’ve come to their senses, £90 is a fair renewal price.

Rob, I behave nowadays!

Broken midweek but not at weekends? ;) Feels like ages since I've been on it. It has been supposedly closed midweek, last week and the week before it, whilst the old Ocean Boulevard monorail platform was pulled down, due to its proximity to The Big One's first drop. Said platform had been partially demolished at close last Tuesday, anyone know if its fully down yet?

I noticed last week that on back to back days, on Ghost Train the cycling skeletons were stationary. Had to check the spelling there, I always get them mixed up, though some cycling skeletons stationery would be cool :) Also, the creepy crawly conveyor belt wasn't moving forwards. I'm turning into @Coaster ! Really though, for some reason I really like that crypt room, I think the combination of that rattling noise that comes from the left, quickly followed by the conveyor belt hissing, tilting and moving forwards makes for a good section of the ride. Its a bit of a let down when the belt doesn't move. I must be getting old as I find that gargoyle that jumps up before the drop blooming annoying, same goes for the stupid blinding white light in the tunnel, oh and the siren at the end. Otherwise its a great ride :D

The Big One was down all week as work commence on the new hotel/removal of the old monorail. The Big One will be open again today for the weekend and probably be closed again during the week as the work continues on the new hotel/mono rail removal.

Yes those cycling skeletons being stationary was disappointing to see, but still a great ride.

As for as mentioned earlier in this thread about the Grand national being painful rougher than ever, I found it to be no difference to how it used to be. The big dipper can be just as rough when sat in the rear seats.

I missed the Mouse ride, but had a great 2 days on the park. I got on all the rides that I wanted to do within 2 hours and this left me with 4 hours of plenty of re-rides, certainly got on more rides in a day compared to the what I've manage to get on in the whole season at Alton.

The Big One was down all week as work commence on the new hotel/removal of the old monorail. The Big One will be open again today for the weekend and probably be closed again during the week as the work continues on the new hotel/mono rail removal.

Yes those cycling skeletons being stationary was disappointing to see, but still a great ride.

As for as mentioned earlier in this thread about the Grand national being painful rougher than ever, I found it to be no difference to how it used to be. The big dipper can be just as rough when sat in the rear seats.

I missed the Mouse ride, but had a great 2 days on the park. I got on all the rides that I wanted to do within 2 hours and this left me with 4 hours of plenty of re-rides, certainly got on more rides in a day compared to the what I've manage to get on in the whole season at Alton.
What did you think to Icon, if you rode?

In terms of Dipper Vs Nash roughness - both can be pretty bad but the one advantage Dipper has is that with 4-row cars there are twice as many comfortable seats to choose from compared with Nash.

When did they make Impossible crap by stopping it from looping fully?
Not been on in a decade.
Pull it down for the next coaster please.
It must be 5 years at least.

Also the signs on the glass in the maze telling you not to run, really spoil the effect of not knowing if its an open doorway or a mirror.

I got many a lump on my head as a kid from picking the wrong route !!!

Health and safety gone mad!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It felt very much like BPB were running in "can't be bothered mode" on the weekend just passed, it was extremely busy on Saturday yet operations were lacklustre and there were numerous ride closures; despite this no adjustments were made to the capacity of the open rides, particularly on Sunday. In turn, an extension would have been nice on Saturday, I find it incredible the park didn't when I've known them extend with much less crowds previously.

• Big One running very slowly on Saturday, closed all day Sunday with both trains sat outside the station (never seen this before, usually they're inside which leads me to think the transfer track might be broken?) Looking at the fact the ride is closed midweek plus didn't open on Sunday due to high winds, maybe they simply cannot take the slow train off?
  • Valhalla closed all weekend - the downtime on this ride is very substantial this year, it had lengthy closures on 3 separate occasions over the summer and now another one?
  • Avalanche opened 15 minutes late on 1 train on Saturday... maintenance issue I think
  • Icon running 2 trains on Sunday with the queue consistently outside the ride's entrance arch all day. Considering that The Big One (and Valhalla) were down, it would have been nice if Icon was on three... at least there would have been something positive then as opposed to a long queue caused by the ride closures.
  • Grand National tested on 4 trains on Sunday but went down to 2, guessing it may have been a maintenance issue
  • Icon's queueline, exit stairs and brake run audio all off during the weekend (exit stairs were quiet on Sat, off completely on Sun) and the mist was off all day on Sunday.
  • Flyers closed on Sunday (wind related I presume)
  • A fair amount of breakdowns throughout the weekend

I'm happy to be proved otherwise but it felt very much like they just couldn't be bothered, it was one of their busiest days of the season on Saturday yet everything was running as if there were 1,000 people on park.

I was there Saturday, took my daughter and it was kind of a last minute thing but we managed a whopping 4 rides from 2-6:30, blue flyer, river caves, Grand Prix and avalanche

I heard that Icons 3rd train was down because of "issues" on sunday, and it would have been used to take up the big one slack...less maintenance staff on a Sunday generally I think.
Likewise the poor bloke stood outside the big one was very tight lipped about the closure...it seemed to be calm enough for the fast train, but the slow train was stuck on the track so would have risked vallying out...transfer track shagged again I think.
Was there with mates & kids on Sunday, got round everything they wanted to do, no queues longer than 20 minutes.
Played hide and seek with Jamie, but he was too good at hiding.
The reason for it being so busy Saturday was all the free returnees from August wristband sales.
I can only agree with Jamie....ops were a bit duff, Valhalla was down I reckon because it was cold and to save money...PMBO has been closed weekdays to save money, can't believe the "closed for monorail station removal/hotel construction" excuse at all, been there a lot on weekdays, very little action under the big one drop in opening hours.
Kids had a great day, we all did.
And the Icon handrail in the queueline...started the repaint already, hope you noticed the effort there Mr Coaster.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.