• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It is that rough, just gets a bit easier when you know where all the bumps are!
Six rides on Icon this morning in just over half an hour, constant walk on to the gates...front and back seats were the only waits.
I now know my natural limit!

@rob666 i was tempted by a trip to BPB today as I thought it might be a good Icon day ... real life got in the way but I think I'll schedule in a Sunday trip next week :) my Icon limit is 12 ... but I'm always up for a challenge :p

Ok, I’m not sure if anyone had floated this idea or if it’s even possible but hear me out.
How about RMC... The Big one? Give the ride some decent airtime, make it a bit smoother and possibly add a few inversions here and there.
It was just a shower thought and I’m not sure if it would be possible but having ridden a few RMC’s now they seem to be one of the best manufacturers out there right now.
Have they ever rebuilt/refurbished a steel coaster?
Would it be possible?
Would it be worth it/marketable?
I’d love to hear what your thoughts are!

Ok, I’m not sure if anyone had floated this idea or if it’s even possible but hear me out.
How about RMC... The Big one? Give the ride some decent airtime, make it a bit smoother and possibly add a few inversions here and there.
It was just a shower thought and I’m not sure if it would be possible but having ridden a good few RMC’s now they seem to be one of the best manufacturers out there right now.
Would it be possible?

I suggested that to PBE on Twitter but it went down like a lead balloon. Out of all the rides I could understand them not wanting to touch the classic woodies but am surprised they wouldn’t like this if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was just a shower thought and I’m not sure if it would be possible but having ridden a few RMC’s now they seem to be one of the best manufacturers out there right now.
Would it be possible?
Don't know if it's possible or not but the big one is probably still the most popular ride on the park. (Even with icon).

So I can't see where the benefit would be spending millions to change a ride that is still extremely popular, even if enthusiasts tend to slate it.

It would be good to see them do it though !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m sure it would never happen but it could be amazing!
Don’t think they should touch any of the woodies either but the one that could probably benefit from RMC the most would probably be Streak.

I’m sure it would never happen but it could be amazing!
Don’t think they should touch any of the woodies either but the one that could probably benefit from RMC the most would probably be Streak.
The woodie that would benefit from RMC the most is Nash. It is also the woodie that will benefit the most from demolishon!!

Streak is about 30 foot tall, goes out then comes back, nothing RMC could do with it.

An RMC Nash, a mini Twisted Colossus, would be absolutely sensational. Could even keep the mobius thing or make it one long coaster like TC.

Out of interest, is there any negative reaction from any of the RMC conversions in America? Particularly the older woodies done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would it be possible?
No thanks

Travel back a few years and Grand National was popularly regarded as the best coaster on the park. The overwhelming opinion today is exactly the opposite - seemingly driven by how roughly it rides.

That would suggest that it’s not the layout that needs any work, rather just the ride experience in terms of comfort. Sort that out and you’re back to a winner.

That fix in no way requires RMC. Just work to the existing track and/or rolling stock.

Everyone would be happy then. Perhaps with the exception of a few Youtubers.

Would it be possible?

It's possible, and it's a good idea. I have thought so ever since a friend who mentioned the idea to me a few month ago first brought it up.

Don't know if it's possible or not but the big one is probably still the most popular ride on the park. (Even with icon).

So I can't see where the benefit would be spending millions to change a ride that is still extremely popular, even if enthusiasts tend to slate it.

It would be good to see them do it though !

The benefits would be:
BPB (despite its popularity) don't seem to want to spend any money on it. The transfer track hasn't been working right for years, and ha's in the past causes the ride to be stuck on one train at peak periods or caused the ride to close when slower trains are on the track which can't be removed when the condition's don't allow them to run.

It would also be easy to market as a new ride.

The computer system would be replaced with one allowing for more than 2 trains to be in use.

The woodie that would benefit from RMC the most is Nash. It is also the woodie that will benefit the most from demolishon!!

The Nash (along with the other woodies) can't be RMCD as they have no foundation's, the odds of demolition for all 4 are far greater than any RMC input.

Streak is about 30 foot tall, goes out then comes back, nothing RMC could do with it.

An RMC Nash, a mini Twisted Colossus, would be absolutely sensational. Could even keep the mobius thing or make it one long coaster like TC.

The Streak is actually taller than the Big Dipper and only a foot shorter than the National. All irrelevant because RMC won't be touching any of them.
Travel back a few years and Grand National was popularly regarded as the best coaster on the park. The overwhelming opinion today is exactly the opposite - seemingly driven by how roughly it rides.

That would suggest that it’s not the layout that needs any work, rather just the ride experience in terms of comfort. Sort that out and you’re back to a winner.

That fix in no way requires RMC. Just work to the existing track and/or rolling stock.

Everyone would be happy then. Perhaps with the exception of a few Youtubers.

Bang on the money. All the Nationals problem's started when those horrible trains arrived.

Ash

Maybe I shouldn’t have suggested RMC for any of the woodies. I was just wondering if anyone had suggested the benefits this would surely bring to the Big One.
I’ve ridden 3 RMC coasters in the US. Lightning Rod, Twisted Cyclone and Steel Vengeance. All three are superb coasters. Of the ones which have been converted they have been very well received.
As PB is close to my heart and I have a lot of love for the Big One I just thought maybe some life could be pumped into it by RMC.
They could make it the coaster it had the potential to be.
I doubt it will ever happen.
Not sure how they could market it but it would surely be a big draw.
I wish Mandy loved coasters as much as us, has she even been on Icon yet?

Last edited:
The big one needs something doing to it.
Doing the hours ert with Scott's lot at the start of the Icon season was quite a beating, and going on it straight after Icon really highlights how rough it has got.
Wouldn't want to see it go, but it needs a proper fettling.

Big One is (or at least can be) pretty rough. It’s also not got the best layout. Having said that, it remains the most popular and iconic ride in the park.

On the basis that it still attracts the crowds, there’s no business reason I can see for it to be reprofiled, RMC’d or whatever else. It’s just not going to happen until that business reason exists.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.