• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It happens Temleh, trust me.
Never underestimate the skills and speed of lowlife scrum.
My wallet was picked FROM AN INSIDE ZIPPED POCKET!
Early in the days of the Big One, I got walked into, full front slam, while I was watching the big one go over the first drop, just in front the Avalanche entrance..
Guy apologised profusely, joking that I wasn't watching where I was going...which I wasn't. He patted me on the back as he walked away...the sign to his mate of job done.
Passed on to another scumbag in seconds, who removes cash and cards...and my bloody white knuckle tickets...binning the rest on the way out.
Think there were about ten of us done that one morning. It was Grand National day...police said all the pickpockets in the north would be at that one...late race, lots of booze and fat wallets.
Coppers on Bond St were good, but since then I try to avoid taking a wallet out on to any park.
Lock it away somewhere well hidden.
Security were supportive but there was little they could do
Got my wallet back from the entrance bins...where security said it could well be!
Police don't even want to log bag thefts from under 18s in many areas apparently.

After spending many years on the streets and London underground by day and night working in central London, I can say that I've never been pickpocket'ed. You soon become streetwise and learn how not to be a target.
I know people that keep a cheap wallet in there back pocket with just a simple note inside which say's "Better Luck Next Time" . Another thing thing was to attach a cheap wallet and rig it up to a joke exploding cap gadget (or a bag snatcher alarm), so when the wallet was stolen, it would go with a bang!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRACTICA...h=item46842d0676:g:gfoAAOSw945bDwKB:rk:2:pf:0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANG-WAL...=item3ad26c3551:g:GxgAAOSwD0lUhvkw:rk:52:pf:0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Pur...h=item4d3a96473d:g:dsMAAOSwo6lWM36r:rk:7:pf:0

The policeman at the time said most people only get their pocket picked once.
Don't want to tempt fate!
Used to see a lot of beware of pickpocket signs.

Fannypacks, unless the person is willing to get seriously personal and undress you, you're items will be safe, big enough for a phone and few notes.

Funny thing about the "beware pickpockets" signs, a lot of pickpockets stand by them, because when you see one your instinctive reaction is to feel yor pocket to make sure the wallet is there, it's an unconscious thing people do, and it gives away exactly what pocket you have the valuable item in.

Hi all, new on here but been reading for a while. Used to be on the PBE board but sadly...

Noticed the recent comments about thefts and complaints. It should be noted that even major parks such as Disney are having a huge issue with it atm, unfortunately its just become part of life.

Btw first visit to PB in August in about 2 years. Heartbroken about the mouse but can't wait for icon!

Back to making a loss again...

https://www.insidermedia.com/inside...each-owner-slips-to-a-loss-after-weather-woes

This was before icon opened though.

I find it funny that the management blame everything from the weather to brexit for the loss when they should be blaming the terrible business model they insist on sticking to, which is clearly the wrong one for a seaside park !!

Will they ever wake up and smell the sea air ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Amazing that they continue to be so blind to their own mistakes even in the face of cold hard facts.

There's no hope for this place for as long as this is their mindset. If you neglect the customer in a customer focused business, you have no business.

But there is another one born every minute...
Another year, another class group.
Chew em up, empty their pockets, crap on their dreams and spit em out at tea time.
Earlier if it is raining or a bit windy.

“Income for Blackpool Pleasure Beach was down from £29.2m to £28.1m, which was primarily attributed to a 5.8 per cent decrease in attendances. The company put this down to a number of factors "including the economy, the continuing confusion with regards to Brexit, terrorism and poor weather in key trading period".

What exactly is their ‘key trading period’ and when exactly was this ‘poor weather’ I wonder. Presumably they no longer consider the illuminations period to be ‘key’ or they wouldn’t close their gates so early during said time. IIRC, there was a heatwave in June/July. Summer wasn’t that bad for weather was it?

I am not buying the Brexit excuse for a second. People either want to visit an amusement park to enjoy rides or they don’t. Politics has sod all to do with it if you ask me.

Blaming terrorism is far fetched as well. Do you really think people think to themselves “I really fancy riding some roller coasters tomorrow but I might get blown up by a maniac, so I’ll stay at home instead” ? If this was the case then we’d never go out to buy a loaf of bread, get on a bus or train, walk across the street, or do anything ever again.

Poor excuses. Again we come back to opening times and too steep an ‘effective gate price’ to decide on the day to visit. Weather can be a factor, in that people don’t want to make a 10 day advance booking and then find the weather is appalling on the day and they really don’t want to go but they’ve already paid.

Also @Coaster we come back again to the fact that BPB will do as they please. Always have and most likely always will. If you don’t like it, vote with your wallet and don’t renew your season pass. Or just visit and enjoy your day and don’t get too wound up about it all

Again, even the questionnaires they send to the ‘customers’ get answered by those who already visit. As @Ash84 has said, what about the opinions of those who decide at the gates not to come in either because of the pricing methods or because the gates are actually shut whilst the rest of Blackpool prom is full of tourists who would spend money in BPB if it was actually open for them to do so?

Oh dippy, this is for 2 years ago, not last year.
Crap summer, lots of terror activity, but can't argue with the rest.
But I might later.

Oh dippy, this is for 2 years ago, not last year.
Crap summer, lots of terror activity, but can't argue with the rest.
But I might later.

Ok, I didn’t check the date. Still poor excuses though. I’m sure you will input further after a few more of your wife’s Stella’s. Haven’t you got lawns to feed?

Also @Coaster we come back again to the fact that BPB will do as they please. Always have and most likely always will. If you don’t like it, vote with your wallet and don’t renew your season pass. Or just visit and enjoy your day and don’t get too wound up about it all
BPB will do as they please yes, but in a customer-focused business you have to listen to customers. You can't just throw out excuses and cover your ears when people complain, or they'll just stop visiting.

(I'm not talking about enthusiasts here, but those who visit BPB once/twice a year at the most).

BPB will do as they please yes, but in a customer-focused business you have to listen to customers. You can't just throw out excuses and cover your ears when people complain, or they'll just stop visiting.

(I'm not talking about enthusiasts here, but those who visit BPB once/twice a year at the most).

Well, this appears to be what BPB do. They won't lose sleep over offending a few people & losing their custom. In fact they don't seem to lose sleep over a few hundred thousand people doing this either. Like Rob has said, there'll always be new people ready to part with their money and visit. The park has existed through thick and thin, leave the decisions to them and simply enjoy your day out.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.