• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Do they even bother trying to drain them now? Last year I got in a Valhalla boat and there must've already been about 6" of water in the bottom!

Do they even bother trying to drain them now? Last year I got in a Valhalla boat and there must've already been about 6" of water in the bottom!

That water vac that they use is a useful as a chocolate tea pot, I just make sure that I wear my waterproof hiking boots

No, I haven't; I've never ridden Valhalla, but I hope to in August; it was closed last time I went!

Great ride, even when half of the effects are not working. Make sure that you bring a good set of full waterproofs (including Jacket, trousers and boots), you may get wet is an understatement

Great ride, even when half of the effects are not working. Make sure that you bring a good set of full waterproofs (including Jacket, trousers and boots), you may get wet is an understatement
I'll try; I seem to remember my mum buying a poncho when we were last there! I'll ask if she still has it; thanks for the tip @RoyJess! I may well have to buy myself a poncho if that's anything to go by!

Waterproof boots, cover trousers and coat are way better than a poncho. I'd say essential if you want to enjoy Valhalla more than once and take advantage of it being quiet during the day well before closing. For a one off, there are single use ponchos usually lying around from other guests but normal shoes will get wrecked. You can find cheap waterproof boots on army surplus sites, that's where I got mine. Military approved genuine Gore-Tex without the high price.

I went to BPB yesterday - since when did they start allocating seats on Icon?
They make sure trains are filled when it is quiet.
Otherwise they would have a long queue, due to us freaks, geeks, happy clappers and fanboys waiting for front and back seats.
Sending every train round with four punters on it costs Mandy extra.

I'll try; I seem to remember my mum buying a poncho when we were last there! I'll ask if she still has it; thanks for the tip @RoyJess! I may well have to buy myself a poncho if that's anything to go by!

Ponchos are useless on the Valhalla, as @Stuntman707 say's (and what I say too) get yourself a full set of water proofs, which you can get for around £12 off Ebay (over trousers and jacket) which will come in handy to keep for visiting all theme parks that have a water ride as well as wet weather. Also when wearing your waterproofs on the Valhalla, make sure that your hood is secure as well as any openings in the waterproofs, especially the sleeves and neck, because if you are not careful, you will end up with a whole load of cold wet water entering your jacket via the arms and neck (try and find a waterproof jacket that has elasticated sleeves at the wrists) .

Or take a towel and change of clothes and ride it last
A change of clothes is the best tactic. Stick some shorts on and a pair of crocs. Then get changed in the toilets opposite Alice ride when you are done. You don't even need to ride it last if you do that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tend to ride it last thing before leaving, followed by a soggy 4 hour drive home. But it beats a full day of walking around BPB soaked through.

I always wear waterproof hiking boots to Blackpool and a trusty North face waterproof jacket whatever the weather.

Ponchos should not be allowed :p

It's possible to stay dry on Valhalla (or TP Tidal Wave) with multiple re-rides if you wear some over clothes waterproofs properly.

Getting wet on a ride is not nice even on the nice of days let alone with our cold British weather.

Does Valhalla still not stop while going through the station ?

Only when it breaks down o_O

On hot summer days it takes about an hour for sopping wet clothes to dry out.
Easier than a change of clothes!
Used to give one of the security guards a big wet hug on the way out.
He found it funny the first time, but then he started running away.
I prefer riding Valhalla in my shorts and t shirt, with my shoes and spare shirt in a doubled up carrier bag.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.