• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looks like another wash out on the cards for the next late night riding event. They have been quite unlucky with the weather for these, last one was a horrible weekend too

This weekend looks particularly bad as well.
Big wind as well as rain, so ride closures as well.
Typical British summer I'm afraid.
Noticed the famous little bridge by the Big One has had the floor treated with grip paint.
Walked over it twice for fun, much better.

This weekend looks particularly bad as well.
Big wind as well as rain, so ride closures as well.
Typical British summer I'm afraid.
Noticed the famous little bridge by the Big One has had the floor treated with grip paint.
Walked over it twice for fun, much better.
It will give the management another excuse as to why they've lost money when they publish their yearly report.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is precisely why these pre-selected dates will never work. It could lash it down on all of them yet the weekends either said could be glorious, and attract three times as many visitors, yet they would still close up to 5 hours earlier.

I'd rather them say we will close no earlier than 6pm (and stick to it) but tell the staff to expect it to be nearer 10pm and just close somewhere in between based on each days trading conditions, that way when it's raining and no one is there they can close, but when it's busy and conditions attract people into the afternoon they should remain open. Win win

Tricky when the staff are on low wages, short hour contracts, and the park (probably) doesn't pay overtime rates after eight hours.
Probably a big part of the reason they don't do it.

How it should be...
Friday and Saturday don't open until after lunch, always a small firework display on sunny, wind free Saturdays.
So that would be twice a year.

You may have a point, but surely in this day and age where contracts aren't really worth the paper they are written on you'd think they could get round it with the staff. I mean Adventure Island manage it one way or another.

I do agree that they open too early though.

I can remember a recent...ish chat with a senior manager, who said they often struggled to get staff back in on duty on Tuesday mornings after "Mad Monday" party nights, when large numbers of staff partied the day after working the full weekend.
If they can't get the staff on a Tuesday morning, how are you going to get them to work, for (poor) normal rates, after a full shift, on a weekend?

And stop agreeing with me, you make me nervous, you bloody tyke.
Yorkshire day was last week.
You come over the Pennines,
Steal our women,
Pinch our jobs,
Ride our roller coasters,
Then bloody grumble.
Friday...2pm...Crevettes...dancing in the rain and gales with beer and rollercoasters.
Come on shakey...throw a flipping sickie.
Bring little tremble...it's the holidays.

Maybe this is where you box clever, and close Tuesday during off peak and say the benefits of this are, we close on a day we make no money, you lot get to sleep off your hang over, but so you don't loose out and we can potentially have great weekends going forward we are moving the hours you used to work on a Tuesday to an extended weekend operation.

I have to give it to you, you have better coasters and much better woman over this side! (Though your standards of driving are pretty poor!) I guess you can't have it all :tearsofjoy:

Yes, double boo.
Discrimination against the elderly.
We clog up the footpaths walking slow on peak days, tripping up the teenagers with our Zimmer frames.

Late night riding and fireworks cancelled, open till 6 now. Great. Usual awful level of customer service form the pleasure beach with an enquiry too

Late night riding and fireworks cancelled, open till 6 now. Great. Usual awful level of customer service form the pleasure beach with an enquiry too

Sorry what?

BPB have put out a statement advising guests of the changes due to the forecasted weather, how is that awful customer service? They’re also allowing guests who have booked wristbands for tomorrow to come back any day in 2019 and allowing those who have booked Late Night Riding & Fireworks wristbands to visit all day, so I’m not sure what your expectations are?

I’m not sure what choice BPB had with this? I take it you’re unaware that the Blackpool Air Show has been cancelled tomorrow because of the weather forecast as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So closing 4 hours earlier than originally advertised. That has to be a new record for them !!

Good that they are giving people free return on any day, on top of visiting on Saturday but it will be disappointing for those who have planned this well in advance and are stopping over.

On the plus side, they may get a full house in the hot ice show !!

More importantly, its not looking good for the roses T20 match tonight, and Yorkshire desperately need a win!

So closing 4 hours earlier than originally advertised. That has to be a new record for them !!

Good that they are giving people free return on any day, on top of visiting on Saturday but it will be disappointing for those who have planned this well in advance and are stopping over.

On the plus side, they may get a full house in the hot ice show !!

The weather is going to get nasty. Unfortunately, there's a lot of disappointment about this week due to weather.

Boardmasters festival cancelled on the day 50000 people are packed and ready to go to it. Houghton Festival cancelled on the day 10000 people are packed and ready to go to it. Blackpool Air Show cancelled.

It's not just a case of closing because it might rain and be quiet!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.