• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wasn’t the plans for the grand new entrance/museum put to one side because the ark got its grade 2 listing so couldn’t be demolished?

Wasn’t the plans for the grand new entrance/museum put to one side because the ark got its grade 2 listing so couldn’t be demolished?
I think I remember them saying they wanted to incorporate a museum into the existing Noah's Ark building at one point.

Probably before they realised they could make quick money selling the old stuff off... £50 for a seat belt anyone?

My family and I just checked into the Big Blue Hotel, and I must say; I'm very impressed! It's a really nice hotel; very excited for my first ever Late Night Riding event tomorrow!

I must admit that I'm somewhat mystified by some of the hotel's poor reviews, as I think it's very nice!

I must admit that I'm somewhat mystified by some of the hotel's poor reviews, as I think it's very nice!

Where your room may well be satisfactory, another room elsewhere may currently have cockroaches doing karaoke in a grimy shower.

Where your hotel meal may be perhaps the most sublime thing you've dined on, another group may be choking on the grubby fingernails of a chef.

Where you might have a lovely view overlooking something pleasant, another guest may have a view of a few locals going at it in the back of a car in the car park.

Certainly not hard to see why there would be poor reviews; one's experience may never totally be the same as someone else!

Where your room may well be satisfactory, another room elsewhere may currently have cockroaches doing karaoke in a grimy shower.

Where your hotel meal may be perhaps the most sublime thing you've dined on, another group may be choking on the grubby fingernails of a chef.

Where you might have a lovely view overlooking something pleasant, another guest may have a view of a few locals going at it in the back of a car in the car park.

Certainly not hard to see why there would be poor reviews; one's experience may never totally be the same as someone else!

Yeah, but the Big Blue only rarely has dancing cockroaches. Normally on a stag-do.

I suppose so; things can vary! People may also have different standards to one another, and that's fine!

Speaking of the hotel, I've just come back from a delicious meal in the restaurant! I also forgot to mention earlier that while we were strolling along the Blackpool seafront, I managed to ride my 67th roller coaster in the form of Crazy Coaster at South Pier! Now, I'm not normally someone who would go out of their way to a park just to get a credit like this one, but this one was too much of an opportunity to miss what with it being directly along the promenade as we were walking along! The coaster itself was far from my favourite coaster, as I'm not a huge fan of wild mouse coasters on the whole, but it was smoother than both sides of Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, on the plus side! I also thought that the ride's location over the sea was a cool novelty!

The Big Blue looks really well reviewed to me, on different places online. Am I missing something? (Ive never stayed there)

I’ve stayed numerous times. Never had a single problem. Rooms great, well presented & clean. Breakfast awesome, not eaten dinner there so can’t comment. Park facing rooms are excellent. Grown men should not get as excited as my brother & I do, watching riderless horses testing on Steeplechase

Is “freak nights journey to hell” new? As I’ve never done Halloween at Blackpool. Sounds pretty interesting like a tonne of scare zones with a ride on Icon!

Yes it is. £29 a pop seems quite expensive though for what appears to be an hour or so of horror mazes after park close.

I have to say, I didn’t expect it to be in this format, but who knows, it might work in a similar way to other stand-alone Halloween attractions.

Great atmosphere on park today. Highlight was last ride of the day on big one and spending the hour geeking out about coasters with TPW Shawn and Charlotte in the que line. Big one soundtrack is definitely a night ride track.

We need to see more days like this one at PB. Getting lots of rides in is great but would rather have a great atmosphere and see the park doing well.

How did if fair in the earthquake? Only damage a pack of ready salted crisps falling of a display stand

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

The new Big One soundtrack sounds fantastic and suits the retro "90s" nature of the ride perfectly, The Notable Stranger has done a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to hearing it properly around the ride at some stage.

The PMBO soundtrack is fine but it's hardly the second coming of Christ. There isn't half hype whenever PB seem to do anything

Had a good time at PB on Saturday but some areas we sat in were FILTHY and the lack of throughput on some rides plus rafts of guests taking your seats on some rides due to shoddy Speedy Pass management has to change. The middle of the park is also ghastly.

Icon is still very overrated in my view, but back row at 9.30pm did deliver some better force than it does in other positions earlier in ths day. At least it's no longer the weakest Mack launch I have done.

Was surprised PB didn't stay open late on Sunday and today, too - given the weather and how packed the town was.

Annual visit done. Back in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The PMBO soundtrack is fine but it's hardly the second coming of Christ. There isn't half hype whenever PB seem to do anything

Had a good time at PB on Saturday but some areas we sat in were FILTHY and the lack of throughput on some rides plus rafts of guests taking your seats on some rides due to shoddy Speedy Pass management has to change. The middle of the park is also ghastly.

Icon is still very overrated in my view, but back row at 9.30pm did deliver some better force than it does in other positions earlier in ths day. At least it's no longer the weakest Mack launch I have done.

Was surprised PB didn't stay open late on Sunday and today, too - given the weather and how packed the town was.

Annual visit done. Back in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I don't really see your point, a new soundtrack on a coaster that has been open for 25 years without one is quite a big change and the level of "hype" would be the same if any park introduced a new soundtrack to a ride, Thorpe releasing their new music on CD a few seasons back for example. It seems quite normal to me that it's discussed on coaster forums.

I agree with the rest of your post but the new music is a positive change and it's right that PB (and The Notable Stranger in this case) are praised for it.

The music is quite nice, but it wasn’t partially noticeable in places, there are a few new speakers at the entrance and a couple down the Pepsi can, but there’s nothing near the ramp to the station or exit. Maybe it’s just cause it was busy and hard to hear but they could do with adding a couple of speakers along the ramp to the station.

Also couldn’t hear anything up the lift hill or break run of the ride if there is meant to be music there which I thought there was.

I don't really see your point, a new soundtrack on a coaster that has been open for 25 years without one is quite a big change and the level of "hype" would be the same if any park introduced a new soundtrack to a ride, Thorpe releasing their new music on CD a few seasons back for example. It seems quite normal to me that it's discussed on coaster forums.

I agree with the rest of your post but the new music is a positive change and it's right that PB (and The Notable Stranger in this case) are praised for it.

I didn't say it wasn't a positive change.

The new music is totally adequate. I just hope the loop is long enough given PMBO gets queues 3-4 x longer than Icon.

The music is quite nice, but it wasn’t partially noticeable in places, there are a few new speakers at the entrance and a couple down the Pepsi can, but there’s nothing near the ramp to the station or exit. Maybe it’s just cause it was busy and hard to hear but they could do with adding a couple of speakers along the ramp to the station.

Also couldn’t hear anything up the lift hill or break run of the ride if there is meant to be music there which I thought there was.
I think more speakers are planned to be added by next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.