• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have to say I am absolutely GUTTED! I missed this ride by less a few days :-(

I have recently visited the BPB and I have to say that is one of the best days out I have ever had! The park was very quiet but it was a beautiful day. I fell in love with wooden roller coasters when I was at BPB as all of the other ones I have ever ridden really hurt! These ones were like riding around on your grans arm chair! So comfy i may have fallen asleep on the Big Dipper :p

The thing that stuck out in my mind the most was the fact they opened The Big One for the remaining 30 minutes of the park being open... that's right 30 minutes. It was dead quiet as well so I was astounded to see it roaring around the track. Because of high winds it was shut for most of the day but I was really impressed! Here are a few photos! The rest can be found on my Flickr

I love this place and would most definitely go back!

For anyone interested in the Thrill-O-Matic, a few minor changes have taken place since it initially opened for previews. :)

- New external costume photo booth outside ride
- Gromit on-ride photopoint relocated to Living Room scene
- Living Room scene located to blank space prior to first dip
- New audio fills up dark drop following plane scene.
- Feathers Mcgraw 'Jump' scene now fully lit.
- Sheep/Rabbits/Cooker now animated after this scene.
- Ride finale televisions now moved from after to before the Warerabbit.

Don't think anyone's picked this up?

BPB Facebook said:
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!

On the 9th of November The Pleasure Beach will be open from 6.00pm until MIDNIGHT!!!!! Yes that's right until MIDNIGHT! To celebrate the illuminations we are allowing you all to be "Night time riders"

Full park wristband allows unlimited riding and Nickelodeon Land.
Online price: £20.00
Gate Price: £25.00
Enter promotional code 1362
ON SALE NOW!!!!

Spotted by alanm4072 on CF. Is this the first midnight opening at a UK park for a long time?

its nice but its not like the old days when they park was open from 11am till midnight. Still the past is the past :D

I can't find a topic for Madame Tussauds Blackpool, and it doesn't really deserve a new one for this.

BBC News said:
Blackpool Madame Tussauds removes Ken Barlow waxwork

A waxwork of Coronation Street's Ken Barlow at Madame Tussauds in Blackpool has been removed over fears of it being damaged, a spokesman has said.

William Roache, the actor who plays the ITV soap character, is facing two charges of rape of a girl aged 15 in Lancashire between April and July 1967.

A Madame Tussauds spokesman said it has been removed because of "inappropriate behaviour" by some visitors.

ITV is yet to comment on what is described as a "temporary" move.

'No judgements'

Madame Tussauds said it "never comments or moralises on the character or specific activities of those figures we include".

A statement said: "Our figures are chosen because we, and our visitors, believe that they have made a significant impact/contribution to the world around them or in their chosen field - good or bad - or they earn their place through visitor demand, as in this case.

"We make no judgements on recent events, which are in any case far from clear, but over recent days we have received a number of comments relating to the continued inclusion of the figure, but even more importantly witnessed some unacceptable behaviour from a very small number of visitors."

It continued: "We have therefore decided to temporarily remove the figure from display, and we will review this decision in the light of future events."

The spokesman would not expand on what the "inappropriate behaviour" was or on whether the waxwork had been damaged.

The Coronation Street set in the attraction on the Promenade features a number of characters from the soap, which was formerly Louis Tussards Waxworks before re-opening in 2011.

Another PR triumph for Merlin, trebles all round! :p

BPB have confirmed that on the day of midnight opening they will also be open from 11am-5pm. It seems that if you want to visit for the full day and night you'll have to buy 2 wristbands - I don't think this has been confirmed anywhere . Presumably someone has decided this will be more profitable, but I imagine it'll take a huge chunk out of the expected morning/afternoon gate figure.

If it didn't clash with the AT fireworks event I'd probably visit, there would be plenty of time to do both Merlinpool and BPB in a day.

They want you to pay twice? :eek: Has Mandyland been taken over by M£rlin or something?

That is very clever if you ask me.

I think a double price would be useful, but it makes sense, 2 x 6 hour slots.

Of course, Merlin smashes this for value, especially with a MAP. What she has done here is essentially squeeze in an extra opening day.

I would pay a £5 premium to stay at AT till midnight on top of my pass for example. Going to be interesting closing the park to re-open it though logistically.

There are few better places for night rides imo than Blackpool, especially during illuminations, it is just absolutely spectacular - especially PMBO!

I had no idea up until just now, but apparently Steeplechase is in the middle of a major six week refurb, opening on Thursday.

Photo from MikeyB1987 on PBE of the station being taken apart:

HgFFwZR.jpg

Photos from Kerry of PBE:

cdw4RB4.jpg

lermRH2.jpg

sUzMVNa.jpg

ltydtEQ.jpg

0EMnhrq.jpg

MsnMhh1.jpg

A lovely ride, in much need of a bit of love. Watch and learn, Chessington!

Steeplechase isn't going to blow anyone's brains, but it's fun and quirky and I like it. I'd be sad if it went. :)

I love steeplechase - its a really unique ride and is very pleasure beach, Id be gutted if it went.

I was thinking about this the other day, with Steeplechase and Wild Mouse they have 2 really unusual rides that are both solid too.

Sam said:
Steeplechase isn't going to blow anyone's brains, but it's fun and quirky and I like it. I'd be sad if it went. :)

You like the Big Dipper, therefore your opinion is null and void! :p

It's quirky but it doesn't really do anything, unlike the mouse which is fantastic, and takes up loads of space for not much payoff.

Pull it and the maze down and get something thrilling built in there! The Steeplechase is little more than a monorail and as for the maze...that's almost laughable.

The amount of space that could be created in the south of the park is incredible if they removed Steeplechase and the maze. That area combined with the former Bling site would easily be big enough for a good sized coaster.

Like many of Blackpools 'historic' attractions, steeplechase is only fun after 6 pints.

Having said that it is completely bonkers and I'd rather it get some TLC than be knocked down and replaced with a fountain.

I agree, it'd be a shame to demolish Steeple Chase. There's still enough space left for a coaster so I I don't think Steeple Chase really needs to go just yet. When it does, I hope they get rid of it, besides getting rid of the maze by it, I hope they remove the go-karts the other side too. That'd create more than enough space for something new, even if it's not a coaster.

Speaking of roller coasters, what can the Pleasure Beach actually afford?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.