• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder how many staff members you’d actually be able to remove on rides, as the turnstile staff member on many of the rides deals with height checks, Speedy Pass merging and disabled access too.

Off the top of my head, (I don't know Pleasure Beach that well), I think there's only a handful of rides that have a staff member solely for scanning wristbands. There might be the odd other one but these are all I can think of, the rest are close enough to the ride to be used be a ride op.

The Big One, Avalanche, Infusion, Steeplechase.

Off the top of my head, (I don't know Pleasure Beach that well), I think there's only a handful of rides that have a staff member solely for scanning wristbands. There might be the odd other one but these are all I can think of, the rest are close enough to the ride to be used be a ride op.

The Big One, Avalanche, Infusion, Steeplechase.
That is a very good point, most rides do not have separate staff just to do the scanner.

It would speed up people getting on rides I suppose if there were no scanners , but pleasure beach aren't bothered about that !!

As Rob pointed out, pleasure beach attracts families with non riders, or at least it did before they put the non rider charge up to £10 !! I think that decision was a contributory factor in their recent drop in footfall.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They updated the park entrance scanners this season too. They scan the wristbands now, making separate tickets redundant.

Hot news.
Ghost Train no longer a rollercoaster...rcdb.
Damn.
That was fun while it lasted.
Lol. What about that water coaster at Gardaland. Is that still not a rollercoaster?! Also, I've heard loads of people from different YouTube channels like PBE for instance that they think in the next decade, Skyforce, Steeplechase and Ice Blast might go. I was hoping they'd build a ride next to the monorail behind Infusion!

Also, I've heard loads of people from different YouTube channels like PBE for instance that they think in the next decade, Skyforce, Steeplechase and Ice Blast might go

I don’t watch videos of people talking about parks. I just read what people have typed about them instead! We’ve been here before, plenty of us think Steeplechase is not going anywhere. They built their newest ride around it for goodness sake. Whilst I appreciate that the park has to evolve, losing historical and totally unique rides like that is rarely a good thing.

Skyforce does appear to be a flop and it wouldn’t surprise me to see it join the likes of Bling & Spin Doctor as a ride that only graced the park for a relatively short time. Ice Blast would be better as a drop tower, or get rid of it & put another coaster on North Park

If they did get rid of steeplechase what the hell can replace it. That’s the best thing about pleasure beach the mixture of old and new. I gave up listening to fan groups talk about the future of the park. Anyone who thinks they will magically make the ark disappear needed to give there head a wobble. The ark is grade 2 listed you can’t just knock it down because you don’t like it. Actually coming to think about it I think the park could have the most listed buildings in one area.

Skyforce will go as since they've nerfed it, it is pointless. Ice Blast will also go as it's not a well ride.

A problem is BPB apparently have an ENORMOUS stockpile of orange wristbands, so if common sense prevails, there's a lot of wastage and money down the drain. Still, I wish common sense would prevail and they'd scrap bands.

Replacing Ice Blast with a proper Intamin drop tower (Apocalypse, Hurakan Condor) would make a huge difference to the standard of the ride line-up. There's definitely space for one as a like-for-like replacement too.

Throw in a stand-up tower and you've got your gimmick to market to the public as well.

I don’t watch videos of people talking about parks. I just read what people have typed about them instead! We’ve been here before, plenty of us think Steeplechase is not going anywhere. They built their newest ride around it for goodness sake. Whilst I appreciate that the park has to evolve, losing historical and totally unique rides like that is rarely a good thing.

Skyforce does appear to be a flop and it wouldn’t surprise me to see it join the likes of Bling & Spin Doctor as a ride that only graced the park for a relatively short time. Ice Blast would be better as a drop tower, or get rid of it & put another coaster on North Park
Excellent. I'm glad to hear that clarification Dipper_Dave because it's quite concerning knowing the fact that different people say Steeplechase is going but I now don't think it is. I'm saying |Skyforce removed 2021 or 2022. Ice Blast is probably on limited time and I'd love to see and Apocalypse like drop tower replace it. Everyone's saying Nickelodeon Streak but I doubt it quite a lot. Some people even said Infusion!??:eek::eek::eek:

An Intamin Sky Jump (the smaller version, like Ikaros at Grona Lund) would be a good replacement for Ice Blast. I think it has two cars, one on each side of the tower, which would help capacity.

48701.jpg

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that clarification Dipper_Dave because it's quite concerning knowing the fact that different people say Steeplechase is going but I now don't think it is. I'm saying |Skyforce removed 2021 or 2022. Ice Blast is probably on limited time and I'd love to see and Apocalypse like drop tower replace it. Everyone's saying Nickelodeon Streak but I doubt it quite a lot. Some people even said Infusion!??:eek::eek::eek:

It’s not exactly clarification. I’m not a member of the Thompson family. It’s just an opinion. Steeplechase isn’t the most exiting ride but it’s just very fun and so unique.

Welcome to the site. We’ve been through Streak plenty of times - a decent woodie, hampered by one train operation and a bit annoying that you are forced to walk right through the kiddy area when you used to go down spiral stairs from by the ‘T’ cafe and be right there. I would be very sad to see Streak and/or Steeplechase go

@skyscraper yes something like that drop tower would be great. Having done Hurakan Condor & Falcon’s Fury in recent years, both are way more terrifying and Ice Blast is pretty boring compared to them

It’s not exactly clarification. I’m not a member of the Thompson family. It’s just an opinion. Steeplechase isn’t the most exiting ride but it’s just very fun and so unique.

Welcome to the site. We’ve been through Streak plenty of times - a decent woodie, hampered by one train operation and a bit annoying that you are forced to walk right through the kiddy area when you used to go down spiral stairs from by the ‘T’ cafe and be right there. I would be very sad to see Streak and/or Steeplechase go

streak is the only woodie now that could disappear. So I guess the yearly rumours of it disappearing will carry on unless it gets listed. I never knew blue flyer was listed. I can understand tho why it would be.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.