• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Not yet, covid scuppered us with Iron Gwazi by a week or two though!

I really thought Nitro would beat it, but I was so very dissapointed with that ride. It was cold when I rode it, but it only had as much airtime as PMBO which is poor in any weather. Absolutely crawling over those hills and quite the rattle too.
I’m intrigued to see what you think of Iron Gwazi when you are eventually able to ride! I don’t think IronGwaziMania has quite the same ring to it, though...

I’m intrigued to see what you think of Iron Gwazi when you are eventually able to ride! I don’t think IronGwaziMania has quite the same ring to it, though...
I'll be sure to post a review, should be back in Tampa by September if things go to plan, which they may not haha.

Amanda & Nick would definitely be Icon, but I’m a little unsure with the others. I’m going to be unpopular and say that Avalanche was probably my favourite of Geoffrey’s investments; I think it’s an immensely fun family coaster that I just really enjoy! The Big One is a close second, as I did find it growing on me a little on my last visit, but it’s still far from my favourite coaster.

I’m a little unsure for Leonard Thompson and Alderman Bean, as I’m not actually sure who built what out of the older things I’ve ridden at BPB.
Matt N I can understand why you like Avalanche and I agree, it was a very good investment and we're lucky in the UK to have it. It's definitely better than the one at Europa Park. Here's a list also of different Leonard and Alderman investments that are still around:
Alderman: Big Dipper, Flying Machines and River Caves
Leonard: Wild Mouse, Rollercoaster( even though it's Nick Streak it's still the same ride just with different trains), Grand National, Zipper Dipper ( same as the rollercoaster I think) and Ghost Train.

Matt N I can understand why you like Avalanche and I agree, it was a very good investment and we're lucky in the UK to have it. It's definitely better than the one at Europa Park. Here's a list also of different Leonard and Alderman investments that are still around:
Alderman: Big Dipper, Flying Machines and River Caves
Leonard: Wild Mouse, Rollercoaster( even though it's Nick Streak it's still the same ride just with different trains), Grand National, Zipper Dipper ( same as the rollercoaster I think) and Ghost Train.
Ah right; thanks for the clarification @Pleasure Beach Valhalla! In that case, then, I’ll have to pick Dipper for Alderman, as I haven’t ridden either of the other two, and I’ll go for Nick Streak for Leonard Thompson.

One thing I don't get though is Geoffrey Thompson- Really good rides like Avalanche, Steeplechase, Revolution, Big One, Valhalla and even Bling to some extent was decent and Space Invader. On the other hand:
. Tetley Tea Cup Ride??????:eek:
. Bridgestone Go Karts?:eek:
. Big Apple?o_O What the heck was he doing there installing those cheap fairground rides.

The park had a magic carpet ride at one point which Geoffrey had an elephant in attendance for its grand opening.

I do remember as a kid you'd be going down the prom by the tower and they'd have a elephant outside that would be in the circus.

Well not exactly fairground but different scale rides. I guess he was trying to provide for all ages even if the Big Apple only lasted 2 seasons but then again Amanda took that out.
South Park was essentially a fairground throughout the 1970s and early 1980s:

twister.jpg

820912_superbob_lr.jpg

astroliner80.jpg

pic.jpg

paratrooperpbpb.jpg

Etc.

Another cool shot of our favourite corner:

3564083804_e304e883bb_h.jpg

You just had to add dippys mystery bogs in the corner of the last photo, you little tease.
And the strange buillding behind the paratrooper, that was the entrance and exit doors of the big bubble car museum..that had the moat I still havent been able to point out to you yet rick!
They were the big entrance "air doors" that stopped the building deflating.

South Park was essentially a fairground throughout the 1970s and early 1980s:

twister.jpg

820912_superbob_lr.jpg

astroliner80.jpg

pic.jpg

paratrooperpbpb.jpg

Etc.

Another cool shot of our favourite corner:

3564083804_e304e883bb_h.jpg
I believe the top ride was called The Twist or something like that. The second to last I think was called Paratrooper. I'm going to say the 4th photo is Sidewinder but correct me if I'm wrong. Also what was the Astro Liner ride that is also featured up there?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.