• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Lovely two hour visit.
Front seat walk on Icon, front seat Streak..."I get to drive" shout.
Spotted new bits in River Caves and Ghost Train...secret!
Did think how good the ghost train is compared to Duel.
Ten out if ten for dipper staff kicking off two young ladies for mask refusal, amusing walk of shame, scowling at us all...likewise Caves staff keeping gaps in the queues.
And a very big well done for the Beach for recruiting more new staff with special needs.
Shame I had to drink alone...bloody part timers.

Should attach a spiral slide or a zip wire to the exit side. Would make the expedition more exciting. :p

What about a massive fireman’s pole for getting down afterwards? That might be safer as you wouldn’t trip over steps or bump into anyone, presuming only one punter is on the pole at once. And speedy passers get to go on immediately, couldn’t possibly make them wait to do something, and kick the peasant below clean off the pole as they go

What about a massive fireman’s pole for getting down afterwards? That might be safer as you wouldn’t trip over steps or bump into anyone, presuming only one punter is on the pole at once. And speedy passers get to go on immediately, couldn’t possibly make them wait to do something, and kick the peasant below clean off the pole as they go
Have two poles, regular and Speedy Pass. Sorted. :p

Yup.
Good point.
Running on one, every other seat, like the dipper dippy.
I didnt bother because it was down the ramp, but on my last lap, going the other way, I spotted the completely empty station.
Covid.
I was still floating from icon front walk on.
Really good two hour visit.
You were missed, not seen you in ages.

This is about Blackpool rather than Blackpool Pleasure Beach, but I don't think this deserves its own thread.

I was looking on the Minick Associates website and I see that someone comissioned them to design a 400ft observation wheel for Blackpool. It doesn't give a date, but this could well be quite an old project.

https://minickassociates.com/projects/

It seemed like a slightly odd idea, considering that Blackpool already has the tower.

Just a thought on Revolution: If they wanted to, could they potentially flip the train round so you do the backwards direction first? I mean the train is symmetrical, there’s no front and back as such, just that the seats all face the same way.

It would be cool to see it done for a season just for a change. Would it be possible or does something prevent it being done?

Just a thought on Revolution: If they wanted to, could they potentially flip the train round so you do the backwards direction first? I mean the train is symmetrical, there’s no front and back as such, just that the seats all face the same way.

It would be cool to see it done for a season just for a change. Would it be possible or does something prevent it being done?
Would be cool if it got a new train that had half the seats forwards and the other half backwards.

If anyone wants an interesting perspective on the Big One I'd recommend the second part of the Dana Morgan interview on the Season Pass Podcast. Dana Morgan isn't a completely unbiased source, but he was heavily involved with Arrow and then one of the founders of Morgan manufacturing. I think he comes across as genuine.

http://www.seasonpasspodcast.com/

It doesn't talk about the Big One specifically, but it does give an interesting insight into the build up to Magnum XL and the Big One. It talks about how Arrow was sold to Rio Grande Industries who cut back on R&D (research and development). At the time Arrow had developed the first river rapids, but Rio Grande Industries thought it was too much of a financial risk. Eventually Intamin produced the first rapids. He explains how he ended up creating Morgan manufacturing, and that in his view most of the top engineers from Arrow switched over to his company.

He mentions engineering issues he believed the Arrow hypercoasters had, and how in his view Morgan were able to improve on them. There are various interesting nuggets along the way, for example that Morgan designed a giga coaster for Cedar Point, but Intamin under cut them. They then went on to design and build Steel Dragon 2000.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.