• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Think they've been more vigilant since that incident involving the Blue Flyer... :p

I guess that unless they spot people climbing The Big One fairly quickly, it’s safer to wait for the idiots to descend, the last thing they want is any sort of altercation at height on those steps. They should have let the German shepherds loose on them at the bottom

Last edited:
Could have been a lot worse and for than I’m thankful. I’d guess the pier will be able to reopen soon and hopefully they have insurance which will respond, to pay for the damage.

The Beach has cut opening by an hour next week, despite a good forecast.
Or two even?
Bad sign.
Yep, cut by 2 hours. 5pm close next week and it's the school holidays.

Guessing a lot of families are choosing to stay away.

Currently closing a full 5 hours later on the Saturday (25th) . Will be interesting to see what happens if numbers are low but they will probably have to stick to it with the fireworks scheduled for that night.

Worrying times for the park I am afraid.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Currently closing a full 5 hours later on the Saturday (25th) . Will be interesting to see what happens if numbers are low but they will probably have to stick to it with the fireworks scheduled for that night.

I thought the fireworks had gone for a burton because they cause a crowd to bunch up?

Numbers might not be great on park but pulling tricks like early closures will put some people off coming back. Shooting themselves in the foot again

I am not sure it's too much of a concern. If numbers looked poor in any recent season they would reduce the hours (see half the pages in this thread!).

In this case they know the numbers are going to suck because the cap has been imposed. You could (and I am sure people will) argue that it's harder to get on rides at the moment, but the park are trying to balance costs and product offering, with forced reduction in footfall after four months of full closure.

Hoping they find the right balance.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.