• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just been doing the prices for Feb and June, £6 just to get a park pass is ridiculous.

Long gone are the days of free entry into the Pleasure Beach and they will not come back.

£6 is a reasonable figure for a non rider and is far better than £48 for Alton or even £24 on a bogof for a non rider.

Alastair said:
Enter Valhalla said:
I would guess so, yes. Even if it is not accurate, which I'm pretty confident it is, BPB is an extremely ride intensive park and has more rides in such a small site than any other park I've ever been to. So why you're deciding to ridicule the park for this I do not know. It a fair claim to make in my opinon. What is it that you don't like about this claim?

Fairly sure Barry Island has more rides per square foot. BPB is over 40 acres, Barry is just over 4 and has over 30 rides.

Meh, like I say, BPB is very ride intensive even if the claim is not 100% accurate, so I don't see why you're getting so worked up about it.

As much as the investment in BPB infuriates me and the fact I don't *actually* rate much of what's there, I don't object to them clinging on to meaningless records, as it gives them something to use in marketing... we ought to support the park as these places are dying breeds and I really would rather BPB did better as then they could stand up to Merlin more...

Posted on BPB's Facebook page, a look at the new Guest Services centre:

1620530_10152183369127365_1179708277_n.jpg

Ooh la la.

Danny said:
Posted on BPB's Facebook page, a look at the new Guest Services centre:

1620530_10152183369127365_1179708277_n.jpg

Ooh la la.

See that is Pleasure Beach <3

I really love this incredibly unique, kitsch image they have. It's just a shame that they seem unable to fully unleash it across the whole park (No doubt due to financial constraints). It is always nice to see them making investments like this though :)

We all know how much Amanda is into the whole design and showy side of things, and I get the impression that she has a big say in these sort of things. It's just refreshing to see something so very different from what other parks do. The deco-esque brand and feeling of Pleasure Beach really is quite charming. They just need to exploit it more! Sell the product by delivering something distinctly different.

Went to the PB today to pick my pass up. Weather meant very few people there, so there were no queues (other than Infusion, but nobody cares about that).

The Mouse was shut. I took a couple of pictures that some of you may be interested in:

1800328_745922678754285_635781440_n.jpg

1904203_745922685420951_1284484871_n.jpg

Errr.....

Anyway, I also saw Revolution riders being evacuated from the second platform down the stairs. No pictures, sorry; happened while we were going up the lift on Nash. :p

P.S. Blackpool's gourmet burgers are amazing! <3

BigAl said:
Anyway, I also saw Revolution riders being evacuated from the second platform down the stairs. No pictures, sorry; happened while we were going up the lift on Nash. :p

Well I was one of the fortunate people to get evac'd on the Sunday... Was a great experience and made my day !!! :D

1800259_10201544942767414_201498101_n.jpg

PeteA said:
BigAl said:

Well I was one of the fortunate people to get evac'd on the Sunday... Was a great experience and made my day !!! :D

1800259_10201544942767414_201498101_n.jpg

Spoken like a true geek! ;)

image.png

Thank you Sir... !!! :D

I managed to get a full set of pictures as well with some good and very unusual views of the ride and Pleasure Beach :X

Well it would have been rude not too wouldnt it !!! :D

Not every had any problems myself (though I'm far from a regular visitor). Flamingoland, on the other hand...

They're not the greatest no, but they're far from the worst. The Big One suffers the most from poor operations IMO, it's a common sight to see them standing around chatting instead of checking restraints, even when it's on one train.

Jables said:
So are BPB's staff really as bad as people say they are?

No, not in my experience. I honestly don't understand where people get this from. This isn't me trying to close my eyes and pretend that problems at Blackpool don't exist, but I've yet to come across really poor staff at BPB, and alot are very friendly.

Flamingo Land and Drayton Manor staff though are appauling and I've had a few bad experiences with Lightwater Valley too (although the vast majority at LWV are fine)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.