• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wait, stealth opened more than ten years after the big one. Does that mean that they conveniently ignored stealths advertising and continued to market it as the fastest?

But technically, the claim that big one is the fastest operating coaster isn't wrong at the moment. If Thorpe could get their rides open...

Up until a few years ago, there were announcements in the PMBO station proudly claiming to be Europe's tallest, fastest and steepest coaster. :p

Up until a few years ago, there were announcements in the PMBO station proudly claiming to be Europe's tallest, fastest and steepest coaster. :p

I remember that well, similarly to how Revolution used to market itself, or maybe still does, as "the most exciting and thrilling ride of your life".

I think that clears up my original question, although it's still confusing as to why different sources state different top speed stats.

I remember that well, similarly to how Revolution used to market itself, or maybe still does, as "the most exciting and thrilling ride of your life".

I think that clears up my original question, although it's still confusing as to why different sources state different top speed stats.

Yes, it still does. No announcement change even despite its huge refurb a few years back!

I concur with some of the previous posts here... A few years back The Big One was certainly THE biggest and fastest coaster in Europe, that title now belongs to one of the new rides in PortAventura in Spain (not sure if Furious Baco?). It does now say "one of". Also, when they DID market it as THE biggest, a voice over told you this repeatedly as you queued and it was sign posted everywhere. Nowadays it barely rates a mention in the ride stats as you queue...

Also, this is my first ever post on this forum, hi guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I concur with some of the previous posts here... A few years back The Big One was certainly THE biggest and fastest coaster in Europe, that title now belongs to one of the new rides in PortAventura in Spain (not sure if Furious Baco?). It does now say "one of". Also, when they DID market it as THE biggest, a voice over told you this repeatedly as you queued and it was sign posted everywhere. Nowadays it barely rates a mention in the ride stats as you queue...

Also, this is my first ever post on this forum, hi guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

First of all, welcome to the forum! :) Secondly, yes Baco is the fastest coaster in Europe now, but that record is going to be beaten by the coaster at the Ferrari park next door to PA when it opens next year.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm going to enjoy posting here. Thanks above poster for clarification, we are actually headed to PA in a few weeks so I am excited for Baco and to get an early preview of Ferrari Park and see how construction for that is coming along.

Going back to the original subject, we (my wife & I) visited BPB on 25th July and had a pretty good day. The one thing I can say is that the rides are all a lot more rough than I remember them being, which I guess is some of the appeal to people. I struggled with this, particularly after I went on skyforce and I REALLY WENT FOR IT! I must have got 60+ spins but then found out the scoreboard was broken :( After that it went a bit downhill for me but yeah, a great day!

I made my first theme park vlog there and figured I would share it here for those that are interested. Give me a subscribe if you are that way inclined...

Last edited:
I made my first theme park vlog there and figured I would share it her for those that are interested

nice vlog (i "liked" it on youtube)! my favorite ride is Ice Blast, and i really didn't like the Steeplechase, as it gave me a slight bad back (every time the car went around a corner, i got slammed against the hard plastic thing around the seat :eek:). i also didn't like Avalanche, as the safety bar kept tightening when the train went up the lift hill, squashing me :eek:. i really liked Wallace & Gromit's Thrill-O-Matic as well. oh, and Valhalla was amazing (and i didn't get too wet on it either :))!

(sorry for the double post) went yesterday (24th). took us ages to collect wristbands, then had to spend ages waiting to get a locker after being told that i couldnt take sandwhiches in at the bag check (just why? o_O). overall, it was a good, day, plus i (and he person i was with) finally conquered the Big One (it was terrifying :eek:)! like last time, my favourite ride of the day was Ice Blast.

My favourite game is smuggling a butty in secreted in my cargo pants pocket, then waving it at the security staff after entry, and quickly stuffing it in my face.
(sorry for the double post)
well then, you're lucky that they don't do a full body pat-down (like at airports), as you'd be busted!

Off the subject a bit, but it is "Ride the Lights" along the prom tomorrow (Tuesday), where they shut the prom to all except pushbikes for the evening and turn the Illuminations on. It is a very good fun evening out, and very popular (10,000 plus bikes, and a couple of dozen unicycles, and the odd electric dodgem).
This year is a real thriller for me as they are allowing you to detour through the Pleasure Beach for the first time.
As a fat old man cyclist who does this excellent (free) ride every year he can, I can't wait to ride my bike through the Beach for the first time ever.
The Beach will only be open to cyclists, not people on foot, and needless to say, the rides will be closed.
If you want to meet up, I will be starting from the glitter ball about 200 yards south of the Beach at 7pm.
Look for the fat grey haired old bloke on a (shed) yellow racing bike.
A free beer at the end for anyone who can keep up.

...and I doubt they will be checking for butties on the way in.

Golden ticket award for BEST WATER RIDE goes to......

..........Valhalla / Blackpool Pleasure Beach :)

http://goldenticketawards.com/

Valhalla wins an award!!! I rode it several times last week and was disappointed that half of the special effects were not working :mad:

I presume that the snow and Tesla coil in the cold room no longer is available nor is the hoop of fire on the last drop? :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.