• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just been emailed by BPB, Platinum Pass 2019 for renewers is £99. I thought I saw £90 quoted recently. Bizarrely, the current season pass is still £189 with just a few weeks of the season remaining

So, is the £99 price for anyone til end of Oct, but it’s less for renewers?

As someone who has never had a Pleasure Beach AP, I got the £99 email too. I imagine the email you got was generic send to all, not a targeted renewal quote for existing passholders.

If I didn't live hundreds of miles away I'd take them up on an AP at that price too!

As someone who has never had a Pleasure Beach AP, I got the £99 email too. I imagine the email you got was generic send to all, not a targeted renewal quote for existing passholders.

If I didn't live hundreds of miles away I'd take them up on an AP at that price too!

That’s what I mean, it can’t be that hard for them to identify current pass holders and send the targeted renewal. I’ll phone them, or ask later in the park. Time to bash the coasters before the season’s over !

Last edited:
‘Renew your season pass for £90’ email just received !
If you've not had the email (like me) they put up on Facebook/Twitter etc the other day to DM them for the discount code if you're renewing and want to do it online :)

If you've not had the email (like me) they put up on Facebook/Twitter etc the other day to DM them for the discount code if you're renewing and want to do it online :)

Yep. Got a really quick response from them, with a code. Two renewals now in the bag.

Did that myself the other day, nice to have it sorted for 2019.

How busy is the park likely to be tomorrow?

Had a text off school and its closed tomorrow...we're over for Slimefest saturday so might just have a cheeky trip a day early:D

Off to Blackpool tonight for the weekend, and going PB tomorrow for the first time in a few years. I'm very excited to finally get on Icon :cool: However, completely forgot about half term, and had no idea that 'Slime Fest' was this weekend..was hoping for minimal queues :(

Half term during the loonymations...
Busiest time of year, bar none.
At least you get the late opening and fireworks.
My suggestion would be a basic speedypass, then you can queue at the bar.
Edit...
And lots of local schools are off today as well, so there goes off peak for the season.

We had another great day on friday....queue's not bad at all

It didn't look good when we arrived around 11am...the queue is the ticket office was big and a couple of huge school trips walked past the window so i was thinking speedy pass

Saturday looked quite busy when they let us onto the park after Slimefest

On another note i have a question that the mrs and kids ask every time we go....

Why does Alice in wonderland have the music from Willy wonka..... can anybody enlighten me:D

Had a superb day at the PB on Saturday.Weather was perfect and there was a great atmosphere on park with queues averaging 15-20 minutes for the main rides.Got on Icon for the first time and managed 4 thrilling rides on it!This really is such a fun coaster and my non enthusiast friends all loved it too.I think it’s my new number one coaster in the UK.

My pals also really enjoyed Infusion which is interesting given how the majority of people seem to feel about it.I have to say I quite enjoyed it too. The Big one was as enjoyable as ever and Blackpool looked a glorious sight at the top of the lifthill with the sun basking over it.

I’ve only just about dried off from my second ever ride on Valhalla which was good but not as good as I had remembered as I think a large number of effects were off inside which was a shame.

All in all we had a great day,and a brilliant weekend in Blackpool.Hoping it won’t be another three years before I’m there again!

We was also there Saturday and had a great time queues were short. Icon throughput great as ever and great atmosphere. Slime fest seemed a real hit with kids. Wife says infusion is her favourite ride so i had to go on, came off feeling as though I had been kicked around the park not a pleasurable experience.

Dunno if anyone saw the guy in the werewolf costume on a converted mobility scooter around the ghost train but he was fantastic he was drawing in the crowds as he rocked out to music.

Great time on the park today, 7pm close. Big One running well on 2 trains (one half sandbagged though) but sadly it was closed by 5 when we returned to the park after tea. Not sure why, it wasn’t particularly any more windy than it had been all day. Didn’t bother with Big Dipper as only on one train with the queue up to the top of the slope, which is a bit poor really. Nash dispatches a bit quicker than normal to be fair, though I’m sure they’ve only had one set of trains going on all my visits this season. Avalanche on 2 trains, queue moving well. Ride is very rattly towards the back.

Highlight of day was final hour. Wind assisted Skyforce ride with more spins than usual, Twilight ride on Icon, rare Valhalla ride at my son’s insistence. Thorough soaking despite water vortex thankfully being turned off. Quick change and mad dash back to Icon for front row ride in the dark. Absolutely brilliant. Park comes alive in the dark. Real shame they closed at 7 when in years gone by it would have been 10/11/midnight, but fair play for extending beyond 5 and giving at least some dark riding time during school hols. Icon dispatches great as usual on 2 trains. I don’t think 2 trains on Dipper in school holidays is too much to ask, but great atmosphere today and super effort from all ride staff

Dipper on one train any day other than a Saturday is all too common an occurrence. It seems as though queue length rarely dictates the number of trains operating. It’s frustrating because you often end up waiting longer for it on quieter days.

I’d kind of hoped it would be sorted this year, what with Icon being so close etc. Alas, it hasn’t.

Great time on the park today, 7pm close. Big One running well on 2 trains (one half sandbagged though) but sadly it was closed by 5 when we returned to the park after tea. Not sure why, it wasn’t particularly any more windy than it had been all day. Didn’t bother with Big Dipper as only on one train with the queue up to the top of the slope, which is a bit poor really. Nash dispatches a bit quicker than normal to be fair, though I’m sure they’ve only had one set of trains going on all my visits this season. Avalanche on 2 trains, queue moving well. Ride is very rattly towards the back.

Highlight of day was final hour. Wind assisted Skyforce ride with more spins than usual, Twilight ride on Icon, rare Valhalla ride at my son’s insistence. Thorough soaking despite water vortex thankfully being turned off. Quick change and mad dash back to Icon for front row ride in the dark. Absolutely brilliant. Park comes alive in the dark. Real shame they closed at 7 when in years gone by it would have been 10/11/midnight, but fair play for extending beyond 5 and giving at least some dark riding time during school hols. Icon dispatches great as usual on 2 trains. I don’t think 2 trains on Dipper in school holidays is too much to ask, but great atmosphere today and super effort from all ride staff
Funny EnoughI think they also had an extension on Saturday as well from 7 PM to 8 PM which is good

I think it all comes down to how many online bookends they get, I remember pleasure Beach has a few extensions during the heatwave in the summer extended to 8 PM and leave at 9 PM and 10 PM

Hopefully one day Pleasure beach will do more of that during the illuminations again.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.