• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I totally agree with @ScottishChris in that one of the relatively low budget things that would massively benefit the park would be replacing Ice Blast with a proper Intamin drop tower. Higher throughput, better ride, more permanent feeling.
Replace a shot tower with another one ? How would they market that? Its not going to grab the public's attention so I doubt they would do that even if it's a much better ride.

If it gets replaced then I suspect it will be for a completely different type of ride. Wonder if they've still got the monster packed away somewhere ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Replace a shot tower with another one ? How would they market that? Its not going to grab the public's attention so I doubt they would do that even if it's a much better ride.

If it gets replaced then I suspect it will be for a completely different type of ride. Wonder if they've still got the monster packed away somewhere ?

A drop tower could easily fit in the old Trauma Towers building, poking out of the top.

The Intamin drop towers aren't shot towers. They are Aller and simply raise people up a tower and drop them. The main benefit of the Intamin model is through-put. 20 - 56 seats ber cradle. I particularly like (or dread) the look of the one that tips the seats forward before the drop!

I think every park needs a high capacity ride particularly for really busy days. I think BPB's highest capacity ride is currently the BPB Express...

I disagree with you. Two premium products seems rather like them putting all their eggs in one basket.

Right at the front door is a travel-lodge which is booked out pretty much solidly throughout the season. Same with the Hampton by Hilton right behind the park.

The crazy golf course at the front of the park can't make as much money as a budget hotel on that site could, particularly if they could extend onto the plots to the North or East (losing bits of the road around there would be no bad thing with all the pedestrians in the area).

Big One closed all day. Bright sunshine, not really windy. No reason given. Poor if it is simply to save money, closing their flagship ride.

Ride part prices have gone through the roof. Sweaty old Big One seat belt for £40 anyone? (One of the cheapest items). In a new low you can now buy in the Icon shop, Cadbury 100g chocolate bars (yes the ones that are always £1 in supermarkets) with a ride / park logo paper sleeve over the top, for a whopping £4. And a 360g Toblerone (about £4.50 in shops) with said paper sleeve round, for £11. Crazy. I saw a football club get slated recently for this trick done with a club sleeve over a dirt cheap Easter egg. Poor stuff, can’t see them selling many.

Icon mist epic today, couldn’t see a thing second time in tunnel. Sorry Jamie, no change of clothes for Valhalla effects checklist. 3 in row walk on Nash, same seat (2nd to back of train) every time. Could tell there were first timers on. Terrified is an understatement. Hilarious. Legendary ride

EDIT: Just spotted from Skyforce, Big One has 2 sets of scaffold round track at bottom of drop that runs parallel with Big Dipper’s dive bend. Shame, wonder when it will reopen

Last edited:
One for the nerds (I have a family to feed and mortgage to pay so I’m out) : Wild Mouse station signs just gone out in Kiss Me Quick. 3 x EXIT sign, 1 x NO ENTRY sign, 1 x PLEASE WAIT HERE sign, 1 x NO SMOKING sign.

£250 each. Pic to follow later. Sorry for double post

Last edited:
One for the nerds (I have a family to feed and mortgage to pay so I’m out) : Wild Mouse station signs just gone out in Kiss Me Quick. 3 x EXIT sign, 1 x NO ENTRY sign, 1 x PLEASE WAIT HERE sign, 1 x NO SMOKING sign.

£250 each. Pic to follow later. Sorry for double post

They should really be auctioning things like that. Bit unfair to just randomly put them in the shop one day.

Also when I looked at the ride parts (purely out of interest) I'm sure those big one seat belts don't look to have been used.

They should really be auctioning things like that. Bit unfair to just randomly put them in the shop one day.

Also when I looked at the ride parts (purely out of interest) I'm sure those big one seat belts don't look to have been used.

Agree on both counts. Not sure why anyone would want a roller coaster seat belt whether used or new to be honest! At least something like a wheel looks cool to display. All they need is one group of coaster cranks in this weekend and those signs will be gone. £250 is a lot, but they could have made more money and been fairer by auctioning them, yes

I feel like Ice Blast can continue to serve its purpose alongside a new tower - the solution to giving the new tower a different feel seems fairly obvious to me, having recently visited Pleasure Beach and a certain park in Tampa...

Someone get Amanda on the phone!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.