• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Cretin eh?
Makes a change from Satan's spawn I suppose.
Right, as we put Rick in charge of the ticket buying...
Two goes on the Space Invader please, for old times sake.
Then a couple of goes on the Monster and monorail for the same reason.
Finishing off on the Tom Sawyer ride, twenty minutes value for a d ticket.
And Viking was the bloke that built Valhalla.

Cold illuminations night in 1993... you've got 2 As, 3 Bs, 1 C and 1 D in your wallet. What do you ride?

A: Wild Mouse & Log Flume
B: Rollercoaster, Monster, Alpine Golf
C: Monorail
D: Tom Sawyer Rafts

Can I also have Dave's spare 'B' ticket seeing as he only used 2 of his 3 allocated tickets ? - If so put me down for another ride on the Monster

The Horror Crypt will close for ever after Saturday 23rd and 30th November :(

Gutted to hear this, it was a brilliant atttaction with lots of time and effort put into it by the owners.

The Horror Crypt will close for ever after Saturday 23rd and 30th November :(

Gutted to hear this, it was a brilliant atttaction with lots of time and effort put into it by the owners.
Where'd you hear that?
Also was just wondering what the 'Haunted Crypt' was listed on there, anyone remember? Im guessing it was the same Crypt that's sat outside the park today, before the park's other entrances were closed off

Perhaps not surprising, not sure how it ever made any money since the entrance reconfiguration. It's not that long since it was £1, when I walked past a few weeks ago it was £3 or £4 I think.

Also was just wondering what the 'Haunted Crypt' was listed on there, anyone remember? Im guessing it was the same Crypt that's sat outside the park today, before the park's other entrances were closed off
Haunted Crypt and Horror Crypt are the same attraction, on Ocean Boulevard at the corner of Watson Road. It has used both names simultaneously on signage. 'Weak branding', as the kids say.

Where'd you hear that?
It has been posted on social media by ScareTrack and I have also seen a post by the owner of the attraction.

In relation to the cost etc, it was owned by Pleasure Beach for years and never really changed or updated, hence the £1 charge. The new owner came in 2017 (I think that's right) and completely overhauled the attraction with genuine horror film props, new scares, lighting and audio. They also kept making changes and adding new things, it was really good and well worth the £3.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, was trying to find something but couldnt see it on their page. But now on social media it's popped up all over the place!

I tried to go in once, but it opened after the Pleasure Beach and shut before, so no chance of getting in. Hopefully their new plans will be better, sounds like theyre not just giving up and are trying something new.

Saw something about the Horror Crypt building originally being an attraction called "Crown Jewels", is that true?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, was trying to find something but couldnt see it on their page. But now on social media it's popped up all over the place!

I tried to go in once, but it opened after the Pleasure Beach and shut before, so no chance of getting in. Hopefully their new plans will be better, sounds like theyre not just giving up and are trying something new.

Saw something about the Horror Crypt building originally being an attraction called "Crown Jewels", is that true?
There was lots of medieval theming in the attraction as the Horror Crypt (up until it was refurbished in 2017) so it's likely that it could have had a different theme initially.

A: Wild Mouse & Log Flume
B: Rollercoaster, Monster, Alpine Golf
C: Monorail
D: Tom Sawyer Rafts

Can I also have Dave's spare 'B' ticket seeing as he only used 2 of his 3 allocated tickets ? - If so put me down for another ride on the Monster

Get your thieving hands off. I am unable to count to 3 at that time of night. Actually I can't decide between Superbowl & Ghost Train so yes you can have my last B ticket.

There are some pretty good C rides there really, and I agree with Rob, raft ride was awesome value for money. Footage of that is so scarce. It crops up on the odd photo here and there but I would love to see video footage, like a POV. Somebody out there must have photos and/or video taken of or from the rafts. It was a great ride at night, with log water lashing down onto the roof & floor from above.

Edit: Scrap that generosity, I'm having a go on Alpine Golf too so I can kick @shakey arse. Bringing my own putter & ball though. Loser gets drinks in.

I thought the Crown Jewels exhibition pre-dated that building? Wasn't that on the overpass near Camera Obscura? @rob666

There are some pretty good C rides there really, and I agree with Rob, raft ride was awesome value for money. Footage of that is so scarce. It crops up on the odd photo here and there but I would love to see video footage, like a POV. Somebody out there must have photos and/or video taken of or from the rafts. It was a great ride at night, with log water lashing down onto the roof & floor from above.
Little bit here at 2 mins in.

There were a few exhibitions along what is now the junk food row at the top of the overpass.
Holograms was the only one that interested me.
Rafts were good for getting soaked from the splashes of the log flume,you could get soaked if you timed it right/wrong...depending on your point of view.

There is a profile / interview with Amanda Thompson in the IAAPA Funworld magazine
https://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/great-british-icon

My favourite bit is when she explains her humble origins....

Providing finer things comes from a time in her life when Thompson went without. At 10 years old, she left home for boarding school, where she recalls, “there were too many girls in the school, and they didn’t have enough water to refill the baths,” thus bathing water was reused and the school matron only permitted students to wash their hair once a week.

Cool to read that PBB are making moves to shift into energy sustainability.

Amanda is a formidable and stubborn figure, but she's incredibly passionate. There's not a huge amount of meat on the bones in that piece, but for armchair psychologists like me, I think you understand a little a bit more in regards to PBB's strengths and weaknesses.

Don't believe the hype.

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_AvalanchePromo_1.jpg

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_AvalanchePromo_2.jpg

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_AvalanchePromo_3.jpg

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_AvalanchePromo_4.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.