• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Adam James said:
Most likely the W&G preview ticket will come with a 'Freedom Pass' - the one which allows park entry with a few other attractions such as the PB Express and Maze.

Ah yes, the freedom pass whereby PBE won't be running, the Monorail is SBNO (like most rides) the fountains will be frozen and the 'Chinese Puzzle Maze' is nothing more than a twig maze encased in support wires.

I am totally there!!!

Don't see the point in paying the £10 when you could just wait and ride it on opening day (along with all the other rides), on which there will be a very small number of people at the park anyway.

All preview riders will receive a special Thrill-O-Matic certificate and have a chance to meet the Wallace & Gromit characters during their experience at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. A Pleasure Beach Pass is also included in the price.

Confirmed that a pass is included within the price, but you can buy one for £3 anyway, so not much value there. I think they need to be a bit clearer on exactly what this will involve to pique people's interest. At the moment it looks like you're paying £10 for a Thrill-o-Matic certificate.

...and we now have a logo folks.

WG_Preview.jpg

Also, there is concept art flying around on PR websites of the ride vehicle - which appears to be a fluffy slipper.

Adam James said:
...and we now have a logo folks.

WG_Preview.jpg

Also, there is concept art flying around on PR websites of the ride vehicle - which appears to be a fluffy slipper.

It looks like zero effort has gone into that logo haha!

However, the news of a fluffy slipper as a ride vehicle sounds brilliant ;D

Adam James said:

Is there any way of seeing this? Sounds great, liking the logo too! :)

I could have sworn I saw the ride car concept knocking about somewhere a while ago. It's a great idea, having it themed as a slipper!

Logo looks good. Considering this ride makes use of the old SFC place (as it's blocked off in the River Caves) it sounds like it could be a great replacement. As much as I hate to see the Gold Mine go as it's easily one of the best themed dark rides in the country I hope this does it justice. :)

It doesn't look like much of the cafe will be used at all - there's a wooden partition being built where the old New Orleans corn railing separated it from the Blue Grotto unfortunately.

I think they look great, I'm looking forward to riding this now! :)

BPB have also launched their mobile app which is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for Android phones.

That looks really good, I'm looking forward to what I think is likely to be the best dark ride in this country for a long time. Blackpool is probably my 2nd favourite park so its great to see the place developing :)

Michael said:
BPB have also launched their mobile app which is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for Android phones.

What does it do and why should I download? :)

(I know I could look it up, but hoping Michael elaborates for the benefit of others on le forum).

Sam said:
Michael said:

What does it do and why should I download? :)

(I know I could look it up, but hoping Michael elaborates for the benefit of others on le forum).

Well it's not the best app out there but it's quite nice and simple to use, has the basics on it e.g. Ride/park info, POVs and also includes offers which you can use when you visit the park.

I genuinely hope it's a great ride, both for the park and for the town. If not then it may just be superseded by the new "Pirate's Quest" dark ride in Coral Island which I rode today - I have to say it's pretty decent for arcade standard! Bit Duel-esque however rather than shooting, you have to press a button when a red light flashes to collect 'jewels.' I challenge someone to beat 1680 ;)

Michael said:
Well it's not the best app out there but it's quite nice and simple to use, has the basics on it e.g. Ride/park info, POVs and also includes offers which you can use when you visit the park.

I also forgot to mention that it includes a direct me feature for people who can't figure out a simple park map! ::)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.