• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have never been to BPB because it is 6 hours away from me but am making a trip there on Monday! Has anyone got any do's and donts?

Ride Valhalla! But in this weather remember to wear as much water protection as you can.

That's my contribution ;) Anyone else :p

I strongly recommend the opposite of what was said above - if you can handle a bit of roughness, the back row of the Nash is where it's at. Dat double drop.

Don't miss out the cred for Blue Flyer. Don't miss out on the easy-to-miss dark rides - Alice, Ghost Train and River Caves are all worth a ride!

^ Okay it is fun, but god do you have to prepare yourself! ;)

Strongly agree with the dark rides though and take something to protect you from the mighty Valhalla!

Back row on all the wooden coasters!
Wear as few layers as possible on Valhalla if you don't want to be a whimp like those above. ;)
Sit as far forward as possible on Infusion.
Sit as far back as possible on PMBO.
Sit as far forward as possible on Revolution for that amazing backwards loop.
Ride as many rides as possible. (Duh!)

Yeah, I think that's all I can remember for now... :p

Don't sit at the front on Valhalla, when you reach the top of the second lift, shift your weight as far over to the left as you can. This results in the front row practically being flooded. Along with soaking its occupants.

Dar said:
Don't sit at the front on Valhalla, when you reach the top of the second lift, shift your weight as far over to the left as you can. This results in the front row practically being flooded. Along with soaking its occupants.

So that's why I got drenched last time I was sat on the front row. Someone's going to get very wet next time!

Also, when on Valhalla, beware on the final drop because it can sometimes be uncomfortable if you have your hands up...

Pleasure Beach appear to be lowering their gate prices starting next month.

Pleasure Beach said:
Blackpool Pleasure Beach has reduced prices to make Britain’s No 1 tourist attraction more affordable and better value for money for those looking for days out and holidays at home this year.

From 1st May, gate priced full park wristbands will be reduced from £35 to £29.99 for, 12yrs and 11yrs and under full park wristbands will be reduced from £30 to £26.99. In addition to this Pleasure Beach will also offer further discounted prices to guests who book online prior to their chosen date of visit.

Full park wristbands allow guests to enjoy
all the rides on the 42 acre amusement park including the UK’s only Nickelodeon Land, a
12 acre area of Pleasure Beach loaded with 12 rides and attractions and the brand new
ride for 2013, Wallace & Gromit’s Thrill-O-Matic.

This cracking new ride will see the dynamic duo take riders through their most famous adventures with a number of loveable, and not-so-friendly characters popping up on their travels. And that’s not all, guests can experience a whole host of white knuckle thrills including one of Europe’s tallest and fastest roller coaters, the 235ft Big One, ride Infusion the UK’s only suspended coaster over water and for family fun take a ride on the traditional Carousel plus lots more.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Managing Director, Amanda Thompson OBE said: “Due to the current economic climate we recognize the financial pressures families are facing at this time. By reducing the wristband prices we can encourage families to holiday at home and take advantage of the fantastic rides and attractions here at Pleasure Beach. To allow families to plan and budget ahead of their day out we have also introduced some great value All You Can eat packages.

At a time when people are more conscious of how they spend their leisure time we have reduced our prices to offer an even better value for money day out and our online savings also allows people to plan ahead and enjoy a great holiday at home this year.”

Hopefully this will force Merlins hand in reducing prices too, though as they have a 4 park monopoly and depend more on BOGOF's i doubt it.

Good for Pleasure Beach though

I adore the Pleasure Beach and always have. They're more expensive than a Merlin park with a BOGOF though, even if you count parking split due to more than one going - they still are.

I do think it is worth that, and it is interesting they mention All you can eat offers too. Have to applaud their giving something back to try and get people in the gates, you have to, but I want them to be successful - we NEED them to be so I hope this encourages people in.

Can't see this having any affect on Merlin though.

None of that is a ride, it's an advertising opportunity.

Give it a few years and they will prob add blaster guns and led's to re-invent it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.