• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bobbejaanland: General Discussion

Bobbejaanland have announced that their new coaster will be called Fury and released the following concepts:

150219legend3.jpg

150219legend2.jpg

That is looking rather nice. It has also been confirmed that IMAscore will be producing the soundtrack.

Last edited:
For some reason I had just assuemd that Fury, Bobbejaanland's new coaster, was opening in 2020. But no, it opens in June this year and construction is progressing:

I can't help but feel that June is pushing it.

So apparently this coaster will have a world's first interactive feature.

All riders on each train press a button on the restraints which will decide if they face forwards or backwards.

Absolutely brilliant idea tbf would love to see more of these.

Source: Loopings

Last edited:
Sounds like an awful idea to me and a pointless gimmick. The ride vehicles seat 12 people, and whether you go forwards or backwards will be decided by which gets the majority of the votes. If there is a tie then the computer will decide.

So bad luck if you queue for an age, want to go forwards yet end up going backwards. Hopefully the backwards element goes down badly and they end up running it like a normal coaster.

I see your point, it's basically gonna run as a backwards coaster 95% of the time because most people will press it for a laugh.

But personally I had no interest in this coaster until now, its certainly a feature which will make this coaster stand out from the crowd.

They'll probably scrap it after a few months anyway.

Not bad! I particularly like in the middle how it seems to flow really nicely between the dive and next inversion!

May have to pop in again next time I’m passing by...

I visited Bobbejaanland today.

Fury is a really good ride, which I prefer over Gold Rush at Slagharen. In the station building the queue splits in to two, one side being for forward-facing only and the other being the side in which you vote for the direction of travel. Whilst I preferred forwards, backwards was much better than expected, with the profiling of the track clearly having the train going backwards in mind. Gerstache was minimal.

As for the rest of the park, it was perfectly pleasant! There's a good variety of different rides, including 8 coasters, flat rides, dark rides, water rides etc, and we had a really nice day.

Hi what was the queues like there for this time of the year? Thanks
Not too bad at all. Fury had a long wait, but is only about 60 minutes if it reaches the queue line entrance. The park was busy but the operations were generally good, which is helped by the lack of any fast pass system.

I don't remember a right lot about this ride, as I recall it was fairly static with few water features etc. I did find it surprising that each drop was immediately after the lift, I was expecting a portion of the trough to be elevated.

Parques Reunidos are very much partial to a 'redo' - sure it will be fun.