• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

There's a pic on RCDB of a Gwazi Millennium Flyer train numbered 3, so they definitely had a full set at one stage. I don't know what happened to the ones that didn't go to BGW though - InvadR only has 2x 8 car trains so that leaves another 2 full trains plus 8 cars that didn't get reused. Seems a bit of a wasted purchase really - the Flyers only went on in 2011 and Tiger closed just a year later

I think Texas Stingray may possibly have used the remainder of Gwazi’s old trains, but don’t quote me on that.

I find it amusing they'll likely end up with a steel coaster on a wooden structure and a wooden coaster built on steel supports.

Still Texas Stingray was a fantastic coaster so more GCI goodness can only be a good thing.

Plus with a lack of wooden coasters in Florida it would be very straightforward for them to take the records for height, speed, and length.

The Screaming Swing project has now gone vertical.

Also, a third train for Iron Gwazi has arrived at the park recently. The ride is not capable of running more than two, but this will ensure that the ride can operate at full capacity even as a train is taken out of operation for maintenance.

Will this be bigger than Tidal Surge at Six Flags San Antonio?

Cracking ride that, though from my admittedly small number of goes on these types of rides they always seem better if one of the swings takes you over something. Like the lake at SWSA, or off a cliff at Liseberg.

Will be the same size as Tidal Surge, I believe.

As Brad said, old rhino rally site behind the Elephants. Phase 1 of a new mini area, phase 2 rumored to be the giga coaster in 2025/2026. This will be after the Jungala GCI in 2024.

Rhino Rally was such a good ride when it was in it’s original form!

Busch Gardens seems to just keep on growing! Have they closed any rides or do they just keep adding?

Rhino Rally was such a good ride when it was in it’s original form!

Busch Gardens seems to just keep on growing! Have they closed any rides or do they just keep adding?
Tidal Wave and Gwazi closed in the mid 2010s, since then though nothing of note has closed. In a way Gwazi’s closure was cancelled out by Cobra’s Curse, as there was no ride/coaster in its place prior to it opening in 2016. Phoenix is SBNO but that will be replaced soon.

I had a great week doing some of the Florida parks last week and Iron Gwazi was a big highlight, its such a fun ride, the drop is insane and then the long inversions where I was not sure why I didn't fall out! It could have gone so much longer as hit the brakes still with some speed.
But BGT felt like it is missing something, some of the animal areas are great, although many were closed or empty but the major thing was there isn't much else other than coasters there. The only other ride we did was the dodgems. BGT could really do with a dark ride and a few new flats, similar to Alton Towers really!

I had a great week doing some of the Florida parks last week and Iron Gwazi was a big highlight, its such a fun ride, the drop is insane and then the long inversions where I was not sure why I didn't fall out! It could have gone so much longer as hit the brakes still with some speed.
But BGT felt like it is missing something, some of the animal areas are great, although many were closed or empty but the major thing was there isn't much else other than coasters there. The only other ride we did was the dodgems. BGT could really do with a dark ride and a few new flats, similar to Alton Towers really!
Skyride and Falcon's Fury are shut currently too according to the website. Is this correct? Basically leaves the coasters plus rapids and log flume at that point.

Skyride and Falcon's Fury are shut currently too according to the website. Is this correct? Basically leaves the coasters plus rapids and log flume at that point.
Yep they were both closed with a construction fence round Falcons. We could have done the steam train but there was a half hour wait for the next train, otherwise the only non-kiddie ride that wasn’t a coaster was the dodgems.

Yep they were both closed with a construction fence round Falcons. We could have done the steam train but there was a half hour wait for the next train, otherwise the only non-kiddie ride that wasn’t a coaster was the dodgems.
Yeah, I mean it seemed like there was barely any filler attractions beforehand anyway, then when you lose the few that are open then I imagine the cracks start to show. Seems similar to what happened at Towers!