• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Can you support both TS and TTF?

Use TTF all you want, (although why you would I don't know, the place is a ghost town now :p ) but as Sam said, it's not 'TTF' as it was. Apart from a few members who kept their accounts, there's nothing there that remains of what made TTF what it was, all that is hear now. Without the members and team, it's nothing but just another corner of the internet.

I personally won't be using it, I personally feel like I'd be disrespecting the team and their decision, but of course, we're not in the business of saying what websites you can visit and post on. :)

All that seems to be happening there at the moment is a revival of old threads in an off-topic way just for the sake of it. Finding it very hard to contribute at present.

The way I see it, of course you can support both sites, but it doesn't mean you don't have to have a favourite.

The best way I can describe the situation between TST and TTF is analogy between Rock Band and Guitar Hero, for reasons that just consist of me being a bit of a nerd. See, back in the day Guitar Hero was developed by a company called Harmonix. Now, they didn't own the franchise, they just developed it. But they did a really good job, and put the game on the map, making it one of the most popular games of the last decade. One day, Harmonix stopped making Guitar Hero and started making Rock Band instead, a very similar but much superior game. Guitar Hero's development was given to Neversoft, and whilst they continued making games with a variety of success, the heart of the series went with Harmonix.

I know that was kinda dorky, but it's like what's happened here - those that made TST were the heart and soul of TTF despite never owning the brand, and whilst TTF still exists, and is under 'new management', it'll never be the same because of it. Just look at their Facebook posts for proof of that. They are terrible.

As has been said already, my own personal feelings are that what was TTF a few weeks ago is now TST. Having had a scan of the current TTF, nothing there (at the moment) is representative of the community that I have been a member of for nearly 7 years and, since the community aspect is for me the most important part of being on any of these sites, TST is obviously a more attractive site to post on at the moment.

I have nothing against anybody wishing to post on TTF of course - although there's very little actually to talk about there now.

:)

I am a member of both TST and TTF, the way i looked at it is potentially more AT forum fun for me.

Dan said:
Sorry to derail the topic but Google personalises search results for logged in users. When searching Google for Towers Street in a logged out state this site is in 7th place.

Am at work, and googled Towers Street it was ranked 18.

The Psychoaster said:
At least some professionalism has been retained on here...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

To be fair this is a common problem with people that manage Facebook pages.

I've done it in the past, other TS team members have done it, so has TTF today. We all at some point forget to change the 'using as...' on Facebook.

So it's not unprofessional, just a small error that can happen now and again.