• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cariba Additions?

I think it would do the waterpark a favour if Merlin put less emphasis on the word waterpark in their marketing, sort of like Center Parcs does with its Subtropical Swimming Paradises. If they don't expand it, that is.
They'd do the waterpark a favour by making it less busy and less profitable?

Last edited:
They should rename it to 'Cariba Creek Waterpark', the good name returns and it's obvious what it is to the general public (they could have done this in 2008 instead of removing the Cariba Creek name entirely, but hey ho).

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, but I bump this thread to bring good news... the waterpark is getting an addition in February 2018! Yay!!! They are adding the choice of 5 different music & lighting combinations onto Rush, which I believe is one of the tube slides. It may not be major, but it's an addition nonetheless! More info can be found in this TowersTimes article: https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/...nvade-alton-towers-resort-february-half-term/
I'm just so happy they're finally adding to the waterpark!

Good old Leek Signs have now posted a photo of the new Rush & Rampage sign containing info about the new lights!

and the lights

Looks cool! Will it actually play the Mutiny Bay soundtrack, like it does in the video? Also, The Big 7 sounds rather intriguing! Wonder how they're going to condense all the park's coasters into that slide?
P.S. I don't mean coasters. I mean bits to represent the coasters.

I have always thought it would be a good idea to base the slides around the rides but to me it seems that they will never do anything new with the park. When was the last new ride?

I have always thought it would be a good idea to base the slides around the rides but to me it seems that they will never do anything new with the park. When was the last new ride?

They've never added a proper new ride to the waterpark.
The wacky waterworks tree house got a small slide added underneath and now Rush has got the AV effects added but they have never added a full size new slide since opening.

I’m pretty sure they could find room for a Space Bowl type ride.
It could be paid for by opening a Tattoo shop inside, judging by the clientele it would be heaving.