• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Caribbean Beach Party Weekend - 31.1-2.2.14

Re: NEXT MEET: Caribbean Beach Party Weekend - 31.1-2.2.14

Rowe said:
What is the plan for Saturday? I'm just looking into public transport to/from the Resort and I don't really want to miss out on anything!

Personal plan, waterpark after breakfast around 10.30. Then who knows!

Meal arrangements for those booked:

Flambo's 8.15pm Friday
SGR 8.30pm Saturday

:)

Will we have an opportunity to visit Sharkbait Reef by SEALIFE?

I'm sure those who want to can.

:)

I'm come to the conclusion that I'll have to miss out on this meet. The stress of looking into public transport has proved too much emotionally for me and, because there is no plan for Saturday, I'm struggling to find a fine line between leaving too early in the afternoon and leaving too late in the evening. I am upset about this as it means not seeing a lot of folk for a few more months, seeing as I'm bypassing FHT and Opening, but I'd rather not get to this level of upset when visiting friends on the day.

GAGrathea said:
Will we have an opportunity to visit Sharkbait Reef by SEALIFE?

Oh.. Don't remember the last time i went in to Sharkbait Reef!

Just to put it out there again got two spare beds for Friday night anybody ??

josht said:

You might want to put it on FB.

Shame that there's nobody able to take the beds!!!

:(

AstroDan said:
josht said:

I had the people Sorted for Saturday night but just Friday nights the problem

AstroDan said:
josht said:

I have taken one of those beds! Gutting for the rest of you! :D
See you tomorrow! :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enjoy DJ smudge guys ;)

So, what time shall I show up tomorrow then? Thinking about 12, since... nobody seems to have any sort of plan for the weekend - and guessing the far from pleasant weather may have put paid to the traditional Staffs Moorlands ramble? :(

I think a local pub around 1 00 :)

Sorry I wasn't really myself this weekend nice weekend thought

^
Same.

It had its highlights though - really enjoyed the Rose and Crown (as well as driving around the middle of nowhere in search of the Baggot Arms!) lunch, great little pub that we'll have to give some good publicity too - food was FAR better than the Secret Garden's in the evening!

Enjoyed my little wander around the park with Joe - didn't get to see CBeebies or Smiler etc. (or be offended by all the new H&S fences), but noting that they're definitely in the process of taking a paintbrush to Nemesis' theming, and a jet washer to Air's track made me happy, parts of Air were positively gleaming :) In a weird way, I LIKE the park with nobody in it and no rides running, and I'd never seen that before November.

Saturday evening was good in parts, the mealtime banter is always good, even if my table DID decide to embarass me in front of our waitress, and the dipping oil REALLY confused me. Sorry I wasn't really *feeling* the whole 1970s school disco thing in Splash, but I was knackered by that point, and there's a good reason why I've not been to Reflex in a good few years!!

All told though, great to see everyone again, be back at the Resort and get what's going to be an awesome 2014 season underway :) See you in a fortnight, I guess!

I had a great weekend, was a bit of a weird from me having work in the middle of the weekend, yet I still made it for both days and meals! Thanks to Josh for letting me crash in his room on the Friday night (I just remembered I have the room card in my wallet still :p).

Anyway my bed now calls!