• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBBC Land

ASturge21

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Anything but Thirteen
With the huge success of Cbeebies land, I think there would be huge potential for Spinball to be re-themed to a CBBC show and maybe even turn in into a land with a show and a couple of flat rides. This would probably be a game changer for the park as it would then have a strong selection of thrill rides, family ride dotted about the park, an area for young children and an area for children too old for Cbeebies but not yet able to ride the major coasters. This could lead to more families as there would be something for all the family. However this would mean that Cloud cukoo land would be then themed more towards Ice-Age or the dark forest could be extended into that area. Thoughts?

This has been suggested before. However, I think it would not work because teenagers and pre-teens don't really care about CBBC.

I don't think teens would be the target as they should be able to get the full park experience. Kids who are too old for Cbeebies don't want to be going round Cbeebies for the most of the day plus you could include things like a Blue Peter garden which would appeal to parents and grandparents. It would also give them the chance to feel what it is like to do all the rides in an area and the experience of being in one of the major areas. I believe it would give high returns as Spinball could be kept and Blade could be moved in meaning that the only cost would be theming, a show and maybe another attraction.

an area for young children and an area for children too old for Cbeebies but not yet able to ride the major coasters
So a total difference to katanga canyon, gloomy wood and adventure land (possibly mutiny bay could count too)

So a total difference to katanga canyon, gloomy wood and adventure land (possibly mutiny bay could count too)
Gloomy wood has a single ride, Katanga canyon is mostly water rides with the exception of RMT and adventure land would be given the re-theme. Currently on a day which is cold there's duel, RMT and Cloud Cukoo. It is not an awful lot. One of these areas needs expanded as an investment and marketing opportunity to show there is something for kids too old for Cbeebies and those not yet able to ride the coasters. This may not be in the form of a CBBC land but this would make it easier to draw in the kids rather than a Katanga canyon or any other area extension.

Currently on a day which is cold there's duel, RMT and Cloud Cukoo.
Current attractions for older childeren:
  • Sonic
  • Enterprise
  • Toadstool
  • Hex
  • Blade
  • RMT
  • Congo
  • Duel
  • Flume
  • Battle galleons
  • Marauders
  • Heave ho
I make that 13 rides that older children (of the age that would enjoy CBBC land) can ride. That roughly a third (out of about 34 rides, I have done this from memory and may have missed some).

Towers will only get rid of Spinball if they have a replacement due to the large gap it would leave.

At the moment it may be quite tight but has Cbeebies expansion not be mentioned to go on the spinball site

I've tossed the idea around of late, I feel though unlike Cbeebies with Night Garden, Postman Pat, Justin etc, CBBC don't have shows with that much broad appeal, I certainly couldn't name any CBBC made shows that would make a good ride for said area. Only the outsourced shows from different companies like Shaun the Sheep (Aardman), and with the actual Blue Peter Garden relatively close in Salford, making a carbon copy of it just for a theme park attraction and not really used for broadcasts kinda ruins the magic, especially when the Blue Peter Garden at MediaCityUK is availiable for public use.

So that leaves us with BBC made shows like what... a Junior Bake Off Tent? Would love that but I doubt that area needs another tent after just ridding the hangover of the Ice Tent. :p Yeah as much as I like the idea, I really don't see it if anything the park caters more to this demographic than the younger children with the aforementioned 13 rides that I'm sure a few more could be whacked on there.

For this partnership to work for a long time, I feel it must match the philosophies of both parties. Cbeebies' mission statement is "learning through play in a consistently safe environment for children aged 6 or under", whereas CBBC targets a smaller demographic of 7-12, even though I watched before then and it must be noted that doesn't even include teenagers. Indeed, most people hit the golden 1.4m by age 12, and certainly have to pay for an adult ticket so from then on they are at the adult ticket and height age.

Thus, I feel the impending removal or relocation of Sonic Spinball over the next few years will make the Adventure Land area adjacent to Cbeebies Land that bit safer, always nerved me a bit that ride with its steel shaking. Though, this patch of land is perfect for further Cbeebies Land expansion, which might very well already be a the plan.

I'm straying off topic now from CBBC Land, but its mildly related so I'll share. So far, the area has featured IPs that have already been established for a few years with brand and merchandising power prior to its ride.There were a few shows I've never heard of in Cbeebies land as a 17 year old male like Tree Fu Tom, but the team-up has done a cracking job regardless in appealing to its demographic, and the signs were there with Octonauts the area to stay fresh must keep being updated with these newly popularised shows.

Thinking about the IP to go there? Well none other than the Tellitubies, a second playground potentially which the area has already been used for in a past-Adventure Land guise, but it would be green, small hills and colourful. Their new series that just launched today has brought the brand back into relevance, like Postman Pat is one of Cbeebies most iconic characters and a safe bet for times now where Towers are more cautious than ever with investment. It'd be cracking.